ESTATE SALE|24|

YN

We were inside Columbus, Jimin was sitting beside me all tense and I knew the reason very well. He has always been afraid of these kinds of rides. I looked at the opposite side and saw Jungkook and Lisa sitting together. Jungkook had his gaze fixed on me whereas Lisa is looking around like a kid with a wide grin. 

Columbus jolted up and in a fraction of second I felt a grip on my wrist, turning I looked at Jimin who had his eyes closed. I'm surely angry with him but right now I guess I should shrug my anger. 

YN : Nothing's gonna happen, it's just a ride. 

I whispered, trying to comfort him. 

Jimin : What if it breaks or maybe we fall out of it. 

YN : Has it ever happened before? 

He shook his head and I felt his grip tightening even more around my wrist. 

The adrenaline filled ride was quite fast, and I could feel the strong vibrations traveling throughout my body.

Yawning, I looked over at Jimin and saw that he was still gripping my wrist tightly for support.

"Hey Jimin, would you mind letting go of my wrist?  It's getting quite uncomfortable," I said in a slightly annoyed tone. 

But Jimin only tightened his grip further, as if he was afraid to let go.

"Oh come on, you're not going to fall out of the ride.  It's completely safe," I assured him.  

"But what if it breaks?  What if something goes wrong?" he replied nervously, clutching my wrist even harder.

"There's nothing to worry about Jimin, these rides are regularly inspected for safety and they are designed to be safe as well.  Nothing is going to break," I said, trying to sound reassuring.

Jimin just continued to hold my wrist tightly, his eyes squeezed shut, trembling slightly.  I began to feel a bit irritated with him as he hadn't budged an inch despite my efforts to reassure him.

"Jimin, please let go of my wrist.  It's really getting uncomfortable," I said, my voice now containing a bit of annoyance.

Jimin didn't respond, instead, he just gripped my wrist even tighter, making me even more annoyed with him.  Eventually, I just shook my arm and freed myself from his grip forcefully.  I looked at Jimin with an expression of irritation written all over my face.

"Jimin, I already told you that nothing was going to happen.  So stop acting like a baby and relax," I said in a stern tone.

"But before you never refused me to hold your hand " He says without realising. And all I could do was scoff at his words "Things aren't same as past jimin "

Jimin remained silent for a moment before he replied "I know things have changed and we are not best friend anymore" He paused for a moment and added "But I still care about you" His words caught me off guard.  "Jimin..." I said quietly...

"I...I don't know what to say, I can't forget the betrayal you gave me" .

Jimin looked down, avoiding looking at me.  "I know I hurt you," he said in a soft voice "I know I broke your trust and I broke our friendship.  But I didn't do it intentionally"  He looked directly at me "I never wanted to betray you or hurt you"  I remained silent for a few seconds, trying to gather my thoughts.  His words were sincere and it seemed like he was genuinely sorry for what he had done.

"I know what I have done is not forgivable" He said, his tone becoming more serious now "But I never meant to hurt you.  It was a momentary lapse in judgement"  He paused for a second, taking a deep breath "I want to make up for what I've done, will you give me a chance? "