Chapter Nineteen: Violet Meets Time Capsule

Makeup

Outfit of the Day

Outfit of the Day

Violet looked around the classroom as Cory was teaching them about how just because history is written down doesn't mean it can't change as Riley read from their textbook "There is a comfort in knowing that history is fixed

Violet looked around the classroom as Cory was teaching them about how just because history is written down doesn't mean it can't change as Riley read from their textbook "There is a comfort in knowing that history is fixed. You can no sooner change history than you can change the nine planets in our solar system from Mercury to Pluto." The whole class in unison said "Oh" as Violet realized why he had her read it and smirked "Oh Cory you're a genius" she complimented as Riley only looked confused not understanding what was going on. "He just showed us history books can be wrong. You can change history." Lucas told her as she just continued to be confused "I don't get it" and Violet couldn't help but to facepalm as she realized how slow Riley was "How in the world doesn't she know" she muttered to herself as Maya said "Look at the bird" and Riley cluelessly looked for a bird, making Violet snort. She listened as Maya and Farkle explained "The Riley Committee" and how it was their job to protect Riley from the world. Cory walked up to Maya's desk "Listen this committee can't protect her for the rest of her life— She's getting too smart" he said to them as Violet stared blankly "She's looking for a bird that doesn't exist" she told the man as Cory ordered "Well someone's gotta tell her."

Violet watched as they all fought about who was going to tell Riley that Pluto was no longer a planet and watched Maya try to tell Riley "See, we've been protecting you from something.... You know Pluto?" and Riley smiled brightly "Pluto? I love Pluto. Everybody knows that. Pluto's a little cutie-pie. The smallest planet with the biggest heart. I love Pluto so much, I would kiss it on the face." And as cute as it sounded, Violet couldn't believe she would say something like that as Maya whipped her head towards Cory "Not doing it" she told him and Cory immediately responded "You're doing it!" Maya turned her head around and looked at Violet "You do it" she told her as Violet raised a brow "And why should I?" she asked wondering the reason as Maya shrugged "You can be cold hearted". Violet smirked as she knew she was right "Fine" she said to her as she got up and walked to Riley's desk "Hey twinkle toes" she said to her as Riley looked up at her "Sky" she greeted. "Hate to break your heart, but Pluto isn't a planet anymore. They made a scientific discovery that Pluto's not a planet anymore. It's considered too small" Violet explained and you could see the heartbreak in Riley eyes as she turned her head towards Maya for confirmation in which she nodded her head "You gonna be okay?" "I'm fine. I am too old now to flip out over something like that. Dad, please continue" Riley told Maya as she leaned forward looking at Cory to finish the lesson.