Chapter Twenty Four: Violet Meets Semi-Formal

Makeup

Outfit of the Day

Outfit of the Day

Violet groaned as they were learning about etiquette which she knows too much about as Cory spoke up "Semi-formal coming up

Violet groaned as they were learning about etiquette which she knows too much about as Cory spoke up "Semi-formal coming up. Young men and young women interacting. Mixing in a social situation. So, to avoid any casualties, I thought we could discuss etiquette. Can anyone here tell me what etiquette is?" he said and Maya raised her hand to answer and immediately he shut her down "No, you can't." Farkle saw it as his opportunity to answer "Etiquette is treating people politely and with respect. Maya and I will demonstrate in a short play we put on before every dance. It's called, "no."" he stated as him and Maya move to the front of the classroom and he turned towards her. "Miss Hart, would you do me the great honor of accompanying me to the semi-formal festivities?" Farkle asked her with a smile and Maya looked at him before answering "No." After their performance they turned to the class "Etiquette. Thank you" they said with a bow before Farkle announced "We'll see you at the holidays for "a Christmas no."

Violet laughed at their theatrics before she groaned again at Cory's words as he pulled out a film "Okay, so The school board sent me this film. It's called, "he asked me, he asked me, he really asked me."" he told them. She couldn't care less about the dance, she didn't plan on attending whatsoever as they were not her scene of choice. "This is supposed to teach us how to act at the dance?" Lucas asked their teacher who shrugged "They sent it. I'm showing it. You're animals." Hearing Lucas mention the dance made Riley turn her head towards him "Oh, there's a dance, and you're planning to attend this dance that you never mentioned in my general vicinity, that dance?" she said to him as he nodded and in the back of mind, he was thinking about how he was going to ask Violet to the dance. Cory broke up their conversation as he played the film and Violet tried her best to pay attention as the narrator of film began to speak "Well, if it isn't our old friend, Billy" and Billy on the screen waved as the narrator continued to speak, "Last time we saw you, Billy, you were teaching us that our bodies go through strange and horrifying changes." Billy made a grossed out face "Uck" he said as once again the narrator started to talk. "Butt today, we're here to talk about the biggest night in a young person's life. The semi-formal. Billy's been looking forward to it all year. Isn't that right, Billy?" he asked and Billy started to dance. The narrator stopped him instantly "Whoa, whoa, whoa, slow down, Billy. Because you know who hangs out at dances? Your old friends polio, typhoid, and the devil."