Faint

Next morning after, Coheed sits at the edge of his bed compensating what happened with Sam. He still hated himself for not protecting Sam, he was staring at the floor lost in his thoughts when.. Light knocked on the door, he wanted to tell Coheed something but saw he was probably thinking of something, "Hey bud, can you come downstairs? Maria has something to tell you— uh, well show you." Light told Coheed and rubbing his back as if that would do anything, it didn't.. Coheed hated being treated like a kid (even though he is a kid), he stood up groggily and walked downstairs with Light to see what all the fuss was about. Maria was sitting down on a chair with a table facing the windows out front, she turned and saw Coheed standing up and wiping the dust off herself "Coheed, Faint left, he wrote this before hand.." She explained, Coheed was confused by this. Why would Faint leave today? He didn't have a patrols scheduled. Maria cleared her throat and opened the letter that Faint wrote before he left Big Thief county, Maria sighed as she looked at the letter again "Maria, I'm headed to El Paso. I wish I could let it go, but I can't. I have to bring these people to justice. Coheed is going to try to come after me but stop her. Take his guns. Lock up the horses. Maybe lock him up. Please, buy me some time to end this. Love all of you always, Faint." Maria read the note out loud, the final sentence she closed the letter and placed it on the table with her hands on the table as well, she was obviously disappointed by Faint's actions.. "He's going to get himself killed." She scowled glaring at Coheed, Coheed got pissed off by Maria "He should've taken me with him." Coheed justified. Maria looks away, "You should've given us a group to go after those fuckers!"

Coheed was upset, he didn't want to lose more and more of his friends. Maria shook her head pinching the bridge of her nose, "I can't, Coheed. There's a fuckin' blizzard going on outside, and you think I'm going to sent more people to die out there?" She ask getting close to Coheed's face, he walks around Maria and grabs his backpack along with other gear "Screw this I'm going after him." He said, Maria stayed back knowing how stubborn Coheed was.. she looked at Lightblade, tilting her head in Coheed's direction insisting for him to follow him..

Hours later into the blizzard, Coheed had to leave his horse in a shelter since it got worse. He used his red, dirty ass scarf to cover his face from the raging snow "Faint! Fuck.. Faint!" He yelled out, running through the snow.. through the blank snow he sees a light from an abandoned cabin, who would be patrol now?.. Faint. "Faint!" Coheed yelled again, but stopped at the edge of the cliff. He looked down at the cabin and saw a gate with a pile of Bonen and Spellatos, "Shit.." he cursed under his breath looking for a way down the to the cabin.. there! A slope for him to slide down on, there he jumped and slid down the hill using his hand to slow him down. "Faint?" He called once more, the snow basically covering his voice. He opens one of the windows to the inside of the cabin, he pulls out his pistol in case something or someone attacks him. That's when he heard the muffled yell of the name.. "Coheed!".. Coheed looks around to find out where the sound was, but he couldn't find it and continued searching the cabin when he reached a door that led to the basement.. he opened the door to the basement and heard another yell. "Coheed!", it was Faint! Coheed felt a wave of adrenaline rush over him, he runs down the stairs almost tripping over and carefully cracking the door open.. he saw the horrific sight of Faint on the floor with a Red Devil soldier over him with a golf club, and before Coheed could attack the soldier attacking Faint. Another one grabbed his arm and pushed him to the ground as another got on his back to hold him down as he yelled "Get off me! Get the fuck off me! Faint!" He yelled as the soldiers talked to one another, "Hold him down!" "I got him!". A Brutus soldier walked in and walked over to the Red Devil girl with the golf club in her hand. The Brutus soldier looked over and saw Coheed. "Adri, what happened? How did he get in! I thought this area was safe, what if there are more coming?" The soldier asked, the woman looked at him for a moment, "Okay guy, saddle up we are getting outta her before Big Thief troops arrive and kill us all." The soldier commanded, the soldiers that were on Coheed held him down. "What about these two?" One asks, "Kill him, Adri. Make it Quick. And you knock the robot out." He command, Coheed squirmed around when he heard the man say to kill Faint. "Faint, Faint.. fucking get up.. please, don't do this.." Coheed pleaded as the Red Devil soldiers raised the golf club.. slamming down on the unconscious Faint.

Blood splattering everywhere, Coheed had flash backs from when he witnessed Light die.. "No! No!" He yelled out, the static of his circuits filling his empty head. "I'm going to fucking kill you." He scowled still trying to break free. Oil tears rolling down his face, that's when he was knocked out by one of the soldiers.. the last thing he saw what the woman that killed Faint. He knew one thing, one thing only, he wanted her dead.