Chapter 14

~Chapter 14~

After everyone got back to base. Rykerdraft was caring for Ultra Magnus and his wound that he received. All the Autobots and humans (except Miko) were always curious as to why they were next to each other all the time now. They couldn't tolerate each other back then but now, they act like their a couple.

Arcee didn't want to get in their business but everyone had to know what happened out there.

"Ok. Everyone is curious. You said that you both fought Predaking, but Rykerdraft comes back without any scars. Care to tell us what actually happened out there?" Everyone looked at Arcee then at the two. Rykerdraft looked at Ultra Magnus with a curious expression. Ultra Magnus then sighed and nodded. They both turned back to the Autobots. 

"I... Well." Rykerdraft cut off Ultra Magnus since he was having trouble explaining.

"Predaking remembers that he used to Doomclaw and was trying to get me to be his mate once again. I had already moved on from him. He challenged Ultra Magnus to a mating battle. I intervened even though I wasn't supposed to because Ultra Magnus almost died." 

Everyone was shocked by this information. Wheeljack then walk up.

"So your saying that Predaking challenged Ultra Magnus to a mating battle. Doesn't that mean that... Oh scrap." Everyone finally understood what that meant. Rykerdraft smiled and nodded to everyone and then placed her forehead on Ultra Magnus' who also smiled back. 

After discovering that, they all went back to try and figure out how to save Ratchet from the Decepticons. Arcee was a holding a piece of Lazerbeak that Smokescreen had shot off.

"Peeled some paint off Lazerbeak, but if I were a better shock, Ratchet would still be here." Once Rykerdraft was finished healing Ultra Magnus he walked up to Smokescreen.

"Chin up soldier. We've combed the entire floor. For the moment, that remains our only clue." Bulkhead walked back toward them from looking at the ground bridge records.

"Nothing in the ground bridge log. If they bridged Ratchet out of here, they used their own." Rykerdraft walked up beside Ultra Magnus with a question.

"Why only take Ratchet? Why not take Smokescreen and Bulkhead along?" Everyone nods to her question.

"If Megatron intends to hold our Medic hostage, I find it curious that he's made no demands." Optimus walked up to the group with a hypothesis.

"It would stand to reason that Ratchet possesses something the Decepticon's want." Bulkhead then punched his fists together.

"Well whatever the cons are after, Ratch won't give it up... Right?"

~Time Skip~

Wheeljack was typing on a computer after Agent Fowler had made a call for his friends at the Pentagon for reinforcements for eyes on the sky and ears on the ground.

As he was typing on it, he came across the Synthetic Energon that Ratchet had been trying to complete.

"Maybe Buckethead's after the techno babble." Everyone gathered around to look at what Wheeljack was talking about.

"The Synthetic formula?" Arcee then looked up at Smokescreen as he started asking a question.

"Why would the cons need the artificial stuff if they already control most of this planet's energon reserves." Bulkhead answered with, probably, the most obvious answer.

"Greed, what else?"

Optimus then spoke his opinion after hearing everything.

"If Megatron is truly trying to rebuild the Omega Lock, as Ratchet surmised, Synthetic Energon might be a necessary component."