Wait! What is Elliot doing here?

"Hey Maddy! " Elliot waves at me with a grin permanently planted on his face. As he strode over I looked over to Miss to see if she could explain, but she was explaining Shakespeare's words. Elliot plonked himself into the only empty chair, next to me. Some of the girls were looking at Elliot flirtatiously while some of the boys were glaring at their girlfriends for staring at Elliot.

"Er... Miss? Why is Elliot in here?" I shouted at Miss, barely raising my hand.

"Maybe if you listened Maddy you'll hear next time. Elliot has been... Demoted to this set."
Miss said glaring at me

A slightly dim (OK a lot dim) girl tried to explain "so she's basically saying he's too stupid to go anywhere else".
I'm not gonna go into the details of describing the battle but let's just leave it as loads of people got a DT and the battle was Ugly!

I nodded towards some of the girls "God. Your popular in here, even with some of the boys!" Elliot burst out laughing, jokingly throwing a wink in the direction of the boy staring at him.
Elliot snuck his phone out of his blazer pocket and grabbed some earphones, I watched mesmerised at this new form of 'Rebelision'.Elliot pulled the earphones through his sleave  and leant on the palm of his hand, now able to listen to music while staying unnoticed.

I quickly tapped Elliot on the shoulder. "Hey! Its your nearly-but-not-quite-yet-girlfriend over here!" Elliot looked slightly surprised but then nodded got out his other earphone and gestured it to me "Sorry, I didn't know you listen to music in class". I rolled my eyes, but, took the offer anyway. One of the latest pop songs; "Rumour" blasted down my ear.

"Omg Elliot! You listen to this junk? He's barely singing. He shouldn't get credit for this! The IT people should! " I ripped the earphone out and focused back to class, Elliot looked hurt but said nothing of it, he just shrugged and turned away. Girls were sending smug smirks at me, believing they were in with a shot with Elliot. But they are not gonna get near him when I'm around.

~~~~~~
Later...
~~~~~~
As we walked out of class Elliot started to dance with me, the argument forgotten.
"Ooh I think that I've found my self a cheerleader, shes always there when I need her." Me and Elliot danced our way to the cafeteria, getting strange but bemused looks from other students. We shuffled (dance move wise) well I shuffled and Elliot.... he just ended up just kicking people, over to our table, where Grace and Robbie were already sat.

"Hey guys! Me and my little cheerleader are back!" Elliot grinned as he sat down next to Grace, but I glared at Elliot as I sat next to Robbie.

"Elliot, you can call me anything just don't give me a pet name."

Elliot looked confused, while for once Robbie shut the hell up.

"it sounds like your calling a... Cat-" I quickly rephrased my sentence, knowing that someone here knows my secret "-Dog, and I am not your pet, I am a person, I'd much rather you call me something more... human, like honey, or Love. Just. Just not a pet name OK? "

Elliot looks hurt by my small rage, and I realise that two fights in under one hour. That's just sad. I'm such a terrible nearly-girlfriend-but-not-quite-there-yet! Also, everyone else on my table was looking at me strangley.

Natalie and her boyfriend walked past our table, I'm guessing on purpose she boldly announced "I love you, my baby!"

She flashed a smug smile my way and sashayed away. Urgh, snotty, spoilt, brat. She has an amazing boyfriend who cares for her, but she still is trying to get a new one. I smirked. He chose me. And I screwed it up. God I'm such an idiot.

I glanced over at Elliot he had his back to me and was playing Crossy Road. God. I love that app. I quickly tapped him on the shoulder, getting him to turn around. His hair tussled around aimlessly. I smiled weakly "Hey"
Elliot didn't look impressed, he mumbled a quick hello and started to turn back around "I'm sorry!" I quickly blurted out, before he diverted his attention back to his Crossy Road character, a man dressed in black, God, it looks so cool. He started to glance back at his phone, this unnerved me, so in one quick pounce I swatted it out of his hands and onto the floor, where Emily went to pick it up. A big scratch went over the back,  but thankfully Elliot didn't notice but still glared at me as he snatched it from Emily.

Grace quickly gasped and brought out her notebook and started scribbling things down.

I shrugged it off,  she supposedly writes everything.  She's just realised something which she forgot to write down, I hope.
It's only a pet name...  Right?

Robbie high fives me,  a cheesy grin plastered on his face "Awesome hit!  You should sign up for the school sports teams! " I blushed deeply,  while Grace scribbled down another note.  Emily  just snickered behind her hands. Elliot smirked a little.  While everyone else carried on what they were doing but still shooting occasional glances our way.

Grace giggled as she passed her notes over the table.
Elliot turned around and looked at me.  Straight into my eyes. "Hey Maddy,  I'm sorry for giving you a....  What did you call it? "

"A Pet Name... " I said narrowing my eyes

"Yeah I'm sorry for giving you. A pet name. I didn't know you were so sensitive about animals."

Robbie, Luke and some other guys, snaps their heads up when Elliot says this.  All looking stupefied. I'm just about to confront them about their interest in 'Pet Names',  before the note gets passed over to me.  I start to unfold it before Elliot snatches it and skims over it. his eyebrows furrowing. I try to get a glance,  leaning over his shoulder. But suddenly Elliot rips it up,  glaring at Grace. I am completely shocked about his sudden burst. And I quickly pick up the pieces left behind.  I try putting them back together before Elliot Suddenly blows on them and rids of them.  The bell rings and we all stand up,  apart from me.  Staring at the five words which would put me into more confusion,  Robbie grabs my hand and gently lifts me up. Elegantly.  While I not so elegantly stuff the remaining words into my pocket and bump into Elliot.

Which says something which could change my view on everything.  To the houses,  to the school. To animals,  and even to people. He says two things. One putting me into confusion. And one into shock

"we were lying earlier.  So.  I'll see you later. "

Authors Note
So... New things. New ideas. What do you think?
I know this is probably the worst I've every done
Update wise... And I don't actually have an excuse
I wish I do but I have no actual reason why. I guess
I never really found the time... Sorry about that!
I'll try to make it up to you. Maybe publish a lot
More often... That tends to come in handy when
Writing a book. Ive probably lost a lot of readers
Thanks to this, but try to stick with me I promise
I/it will get better.
Vote
Read
And
Comment!