Back in the Cell.

I'm putting the authors Note here as it is so extremely important:
Ok. So I've entered this book in the Wattys. I know it's not going to come near the top 500. XD. But it's to get this story more well known. And get in for a big shot next year? Hopefully.

Please vote for this story. It will mean a lot to me!!! And the book!!!

Back in my cell. It's a pretty grim place. The only, fairly, normal thing. Is the hospital gown with triangles on it. Which is what I'm wearing.

But, My cell is better than the meeting room. The mirror with the invisible TV. The TV with the footage. The footage which shows me being a cat. Well. Not being a cat, just pouncing on things and grooming myself. In Human form. I guess uneasy fine if I was younger. But I'm not. I'm a teenager. Practically an adult.

And they have me locked up, thinking I'm phscopathic.
And I might be.
And it might be a figment of my imagination.
And the world might be flat.
I cant be phsycopathic. Well. All phsycopaths say that. It's just everything seems so real.
So what was I doing when I was a 'cat'?
OMG. I jumped on someone's head. When they were eating. He didn't stop eating. It annoyed me.

But what if I never went there?

What if there wasn't the Borador?

What if I'm not even with Elliot?

It would all make sense.

If my head wasn't right.

But it still isn't.

Phsycopathic or not.

Everything's still muddled.

I will talk to the woman about it.

I will tell her the truth.

Because being me is scary.

Because I'm a shifter.

*·. *·. *·.

Poke.  Poke.  Poke.  Poke.  Poke.

It wont budge.

Poke.  Poke.  Poke.

It wont move.

Poke. Poke.

I want something to play with.

Poke.

With I sigh I stand up and kick away the ball of fluff.  It doesn't want to play. I go and plant myself on the bed and gaze out of the window. There was bars across it, blocking any chance of escape. I look down from the floor I was on, the 5th floor, I counted the windows to check, and the courtyard lay before me.

The courtyard was... A bit... Off. You could say. They decorated it with flowers to make it seem like a happy cosy place. When it isn't. I guess it's for when visitors come. I hope I get a visitor. I won't get a visitor . That's sad. No. Think positive Maddy. Think positive. I am positive I won't get a visitor.

Argh. Sack this.

I carry on taking in the details of the courtyard.  In there they have a big oak.  Well I think it's an oak.  It might be an Elm tree.  Not an Oak tree.  I dont know.  I cant do tree knowledge. Or even knowledge. But it was big.  And it came up to my window.  Well a few Weak branches did. Not enough to carry my weights. If I even managed to fit through my small barred window.

I sighed and look down at my hands. Pulling loose a thread on my duvet. I stayed in that position for who knows how long. 1minute? 5minutes? An hour? But I sat there for what seemed like an eternity. Before I sensed a silent whoosh outside my window.
I know it sounds stupid. I call it cat senses. An extra plus to being a shifter. Or it's just a normal everyday human thing, which no one had the guts to admit. But. I sensed it. Not my ears. My cat whiskers. I know. Stupid. I'm in my human form. But it's still... There. I dont know how to describe it.

After hearing the silent beat, I looked out of the window to find it's source. An eagle. Well... A bird of prey. Heck. It could of been an ostrich for all I knew. It was just bigger than your everyday cat. And smaller than a normal sized dog. Not one of the brain dead purse dogs. It was brown with yellow talons, and white tipped feathers at the end of its tail.

I tried to shoo it away. But it stayed there. With no fear just staring at me. In my cell.

"Stupid bird" I muttered under my breath, just about to turn my back to it before a dog runs under the tree and sits straight underneath. Staring up at my cell.

Stupid birds. Stupid dogs. I was just about to tell the dog to go away with the bird.

But then I realised it wasn't any dog.
It was the dog.
My dog.
The one and only Borador.

Sat underneath a tree with a creepy bird. Such fun.

*·. *·. *·.

A firm knock on the door woke me up, from the boredom of staring at a creepy bird.

A Woman in a white dress walks in with a tray of food. A paper bowl, plastic cup, and a slice of bread. She grimaces at me and hands me the tray.
"I'm sorry for the food. It's just until we find out your not... Suicidal"
I glare at my lumpy luke warm stew.
"I'm not suicidal. Can I have some spaghetti with meatballs, with a side of fries, and a can of Coke? That be great."
The nurse grinned
"I'm sorry Maddy. The food has to be chosen by the NHS."
I glare at my food.
She turns to go but I clasp onto her elbow
"Please. Miss. Can I talk to the... Meeting person? "

She smiles and nods, and leaves the room, with the empty tray, bowl and cup. Locking the door behind her. I sigh and resume the system of staring at the bird. Contently.
*·. *·. *·.
"Maddy. You wanted to talk?"
I look over to the source of the voice. The woman stood in my room gesturing towards the door.

*·. *·. *·.

I sat in a different room.  This one a vibrant green with two sofas.  A coffee table and a plastic plant in the corner.  A camera in the top corner.

She reached out to shake my hand.
"OK.  I dont think you know who I am.

I'm Elaine Crosser"