What the...?

I woke up in a white room. The same one as my dream. Huh. That's wierd. The realisation hit me like a bullet to the stomach. Uurgh.... It wasn't a dream. Even the wierd nurse bit.

Yeah. That was weird.

I let out a small groan and flopped back into the lying position, on my bed. I made myself seem like an absolute nut job. Wacko. Sicko. Psychopath. Arrggh. I know I'm probably never going to see her again, but I like having my first impression golden. It's like when you go to school for the first time, in front of teachers act polite and smart, so they won't pick on you in class. In front of pupils, cocky, chatty, well... Nice. But I really failed doing my first impressions at High school. If you Asked anyone who I was, before throwing pizza at Elliot, no one would know who you were talking about. And possibly call you a nut job, like me.

Life lesson of today: First Impressions are important.

Remember that.

Staring at the ceiling replaying the scene over in my head, I noticed there was very big blanks between moments and everything was fuzzy. As if on cue I had an head splitting headache.

Curling up in a ball I held my head, rocking myself back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. Until eventually a man with weaselly, greasy, grey hair and thinning beard came in dressed all in white and a clipboard pressed firmly in his hands.

He stared intently at his clipboard before staring at me straight in the eye,

"Ah. Maddy Smith. It's nice to see you again." He smiled shaking my hand, carrying on before I had a chance to reply, or even look shocked. "So. According to your saliva..." I waved my hand at him signalling for him to stop

"Please speak my language, simple, I don't understand... Big words...." I manage a grimace, before nodding at his to carry on.

"Ah... Errmm.... We can... Uh... Do so... Urghfmmm... Where were we....? Ah... So... According to your Sali- spit-.... Test. We found you were... High. On a.... Um... Unknown drug... But we know what you took. Don't we?" Grinned the man throwing a quick wink at me "So... Umm... According to the test... The information I have collected from our database clearly states you were high, after, the little umm... Incident. According the times given from the..." He coughs "sources... You will have an interrogation- ahem I mean, meeting- in a couple of hours with our psychologist, I mean... Brain doctor... No um... Errrr..."
Once again I have to put my hand up to signal the rat man to stop.
"I understand what your saying I'm not..." I attempt to rattle my brain for a big word to show I'm not stupid . "Dim" Clap clap. Well done Maddy. Three letters. Such a big word.
The rat man nods in agreement, well what I hope is agreement,
"I can't argue with my patients. Try to get some rest before the meeting. Bye Maddy." And with that he stormed out.

I had a scowl on my face. Patient? I'm not a patient! I am a human being! Well half human being... But what was I a patient of?

I couldn't think about this for long, as I quickly thundered into sleep.

*·. *·. *·.

"MADELINE SMITH" A distant voice shouted. "MADELINE. Please come to the door. "

I sat bolt upright. Madeline? Nobody ever uses my full name.
I sat cross legged on my bed facing the door as the gruff man carries on to shout Madeline and bang on the door. After a couple of minutes it goes quiet and a few muffled whispers escape there way under the door, into my ears.

A femine voice joins the man, but the man has stopped altogether. But I could sense him there.
"Maddy, Sweetie, is it OK if I call you Maddy? " I nod vigourusly, noting to myself the have a peephole where she was looking through. I could see her piercing blue eye. "Maddy, Honey, They're having a meeting, and your in it. So do mind just popping over so we can have the meeting? After all. You do matter." I nod at the door and slowly make my way over. The metal door popping open with a hiss. A muscular man and the woman with blue eyes, greet me there. I nod a hello at them as the man leads the way a firm grip on my wrist.

As he leans over to the woman to whisper I catch what he was saying.

"Do we really need the rule, where we can't force them unless they're dangerous? " he mutters. The woman giggling to her self.

I count the corridors, just in case I need to make a run for it. Left. Left. Right. Down two flights of stairs. Right. Left. Right. Right. One. Two. Three.
And on the fourth door we went in.

*·. *·. *·.

A square room. Metallic grey, a full wall covered in a gigantic mirror. Not a single smear on it. Looking around the room there is two chairs surrounding a table with a voice recorder, well that's my guess. On the table. And in further examination in the room, ventilation pipes.

As the man leaves the woman sits down and gestures to the chair across from her.

"Please. Maddy. Sit down."

Authors Note 📝
Any reference to people with mental illness, please do not take offence, anything mean is probably not true.  I have proof read all my work to see if anyone would take offence,  so if you do I am really sorry,  and if you could PM me about the problem,  I will try my best to change it.