Chapter 28

Jupiter stayed in the car not long after the driver started driving.

She really was excited for Billie. But she couldn't just get it out of her head.

They had driven a few blocks away now.

Billie's famous. Everyone loves her. Her own mother has trouble remembering her name.

They were from two completely different worlds. Billie's feelings fell into her songs. Jupiter's into her books.

Billie was surrounded by friends and people who loved her.

And, well, Jupiter had no one.

She was dependent on Billie. In the end, she was her only friend.

"Driver, please turn the car around!" She said, in a hurry.

"Have you forgotten something, miss?" He asked.

"Something like that, yes, just drive please." Jupiter said, her tone seemed worried and fast.

She was hyperventilating. What was she going to do? They couldn't just let her in abecause she wasn't a guest.

A brilliant idea popped into her head. She'd go through the employees' doors in the back.

The driver stopped the car this time not on the red carpet.

"Thanks," Jupiter said and hopped out.

She searched for the entrance but just couldn't seem to find it.

A little bit of reflection caught her sight. She spotted a door. So she just went up to it and opened it.

She was in the kitchen. No one seemed to bat an eye at her; they were carried away by their cooking.

She walked through the kitchen, grabbing a banana since it had been a while since she had eaten last.

Jupiter ended up in a long hallway. A white long hallway that looked like one from those scary horror movies.

So she ran through it, opening the doors at the end.

It led to the stage. She was literally standing on the stage. Of course, no one could see her, but she could clearly see all of them. She spotted several celebrities that normally she'd be dying to meet.

But in this very moment, the ground felt so unstable, as if it was going to fall.

And all of a sudden, thoughts rushed into her head. Many, many thoughts. What was she even doing here?

Why was she here?

What was she doing here?

What was even her plan with Billie?

Quickly she gathered herself up and stood up, immediately coming up with a plan.

She had to somehow lure Billie out of there and into here.

First, Jupiter texted her.

She wasn't actually expecting Billie to have her phone on her, because of the dress.

Later on, realizing that was really dumb and her assistant probably just held it.

That also meant if she texted her, the assistant would see, and Jupiter could get into trouble.

So she watched for a few minutes at Billie.

Until she finally went away from her seat into the darkness.

Jupiter quickly followed; she somehow found a door out of that hallway and headed towards the ladies' restroom.

Jupiter entered the restroom, and Billie was nowhere to be seen. Only one stall was occupied.