Chapter 16

Emily

"You took me to Ivy's father?" I asked Duke as I looked at him confused after he ended his call with King and Jane and Pete greeted me.
"Yeah," he said just before shaking Pete's hand.

"Duke... can I talk to you for a second?" I asked him as I pulled him aside. "You're putting all these people in danger," I whispered to him as he looked over my head at Pete.

"Pete doesn't know what we're doing... But he knows that the club needs help and that's enough.I asked for help and he gladly was in it," he said as he looked down at me.
"If Dominik finds us he will kill them too. We have to protect the club from him," I whispered again.

Duke looked over my face and smiled. "You already sound like one of them," I heard him say.

"Like one of who?" I asked, confused.

"An ol' Lady Emily," he answered me with a smile.

"What are you talking about, he's going to come and these people will get hurt," I said louder this time.

"I know he's coming. Pete knows it's dangerous. Dominik is your ex who wants to kill you, that's why I'm here with you until your savior comes," Duke replied as he lit a cigarette.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"That's why I left him the book... he found out where we were and is now roughly in Las Vegas," Duke said seriously.

"What do you mean? Doc?" I asked as I realized what he was saying.

"Yeah Emily, your man is coming to get you," he replied as he walked past me and went to the waiting Pete.

"What do you mean by that?" I called after him, causing Duke to turn around and look at me.

"Emily... he read it and is on his way here. Why do you think he's coming?" He asked me and I looked from him to Pete and Jane.

"Oh honey, he's coming to get you," Jane said as she smiled at me.

I looked confused from Jane to Duke who shook his head.

"They all know it, Emily. I told them already... You are Doc's girl. Both of you are just stupid... The smartest stupid people I know by far. You have to do everything yourself," he said as he followed Pete into the clubhouse. I watched him go and shamefully turned to Lilly and Jane who were looking at me.

"It's okay, Emily... it's complicated, we understand," Lilly said smiling.

"Come girl, sit down," I heard Jane say as she sat down on a bench that was in front of the clubhouse.
The cold didn't even bother me as we sat there and were silent. Piper was playing with Coyote's kids as I sat outside the clubhouse with Jane and Lilly.

"So you're Ivy's sister?" I asked Lilly as she nodded and laughed.
"I thought you knew me when you stared at me like that," she said, laughing as she remembered our first meeting.

"Ivy doesn't talk to me about family... we talked about other things," I said briefly, not wanting them to ask or hear anything they might not know.

"You and Doc?" Jane asked with a smile.

"It's complicated like Lilly said," I replied.

"From what I've heard and seen, it's not complicated," she answered me.

I looked at her questioningly and she laughed.
"Only a blind person could miss how much you like each other. When I was at No Limits I noticed it straight away. The way he talks about you... the way you look at him," she said.

"And he's coming here because of you... that's so romantic," Lilly added and I looked at her.

"You think he's coming for me?" I asked her, to which Jane laughed even louder.