Chapter 19

Doc

I was watching Emily sleeping when I woke up, not that we actually got to sleep. I thought when I woke up she would be gone again, but she wasn't.
She slept in my arms and I breathed in her scent as I watched her.
A gentle knock was heard and I slowly got up and got dressed. When I got to the door, Duke stood in front of it with a raised eyebrow and looked at me.

"Can you be any slower? We have a meeting with King and Pete," he said with a grin.

"I'm coming," I said to him as I turned to Emily, who was still sleeping.

"Come on, Loverboy, we don't have time," he said, laughing.

As I followed Duke down, he took me to the back of the clubhouse where everyone was already waiting.
"What time is it?" I asked, confused as I looked at King.It was still dark outside,but this obviously couldn't wait.
"Time to have serious conversations," he said as he looked at me.

His face was tense, and he looked from me to Pete, who was sitting at his desk.
Bane and a couple of other men from the Coyotes were preparing some coffee and waiting for us.
"We have a problem," Pete announced as he looked from me to King.

"What happened?" Duke asked, sitting down next to Masters.

"The man who was looking for your girl knows they're here. It's only a matter of time before he shows up here," Pete explained, to which Storm snorted.

"How do you know?" King asked him.

"I have my informants just like you," he said to him and laughed.

"Ok, what should we do? If we pack up and leave, he'll follow us, and you won't have a problem with him," Ace said to him, to which he shrugged his shoulders.

"Or... listen to me... we'll let them come," Pete said, grinning.

"No, your people are in danger then," I said, to which Pete laughed.

"In half an hour, my people can leave here, and we will stay here and wait," Pete suggested.

"Listen, Mister... if the shit hits the fan, then none of us can be held responsible for any damage," Masters said, to which Duke nodded.

"We won't look after vases and windows then... that's not a good plan, Pete," said Duke, to which Masters nodded this time.

"Once I get going you can't stop me," Masters stated.

"A fucking Hurricane," Duke added, and we all looked at the two as they fist-bumped each other.

"Fucking creeps," Gears said, to which we all laughed.
"If you leave here, this man will follow you... to Las Flores... to my daughter, and my grandchild," Pete said as he looked at King who smiled.

"Ivy is pregnant?" Duke asked, surprised, to which King nodded.

"Yeah, fuck no. Alice is having her baby soon... Ivy's pregnant, then we'll stay here... Ok, I have an idea," Duke said, to which Gears rolled his eyes, and Storm looked at him suspiciously.

"Your ideas are always very... questionable," Ace said with a laugh, to which Duke looked at him offended.

"It worked with Nora... and with Josie too... So how about you listen to me?" He asked, to which Masters nodded.

"Same shit, Bro... the motherfuckers never listen to me either," he said to him, to which Duke nodded.
"Right? We have masterminds!" Duke said, and Dylan rolled his eyes.

"So... the house we were in when we arrived... is pretty much in the wilderness. Shielded from people, far enough away from eyes. We could keep in touch via radio, anyone in danger calls for help, and then we bang them off," Duke explained, to which the SEALs looked at him.