My Best Friend's Brother Ch. 7

Chapter 7

I'd like to tell you that I punched Eric - the blue eyed monster I met at the arcade - in the face and broke his nose, but I didn't, so I won't.

Instead of holding my head up high and kindly excusing myself, I side-stepped awkwardly until I was standing behind Andrew. Poor guy, he probably thinks I'm some kind of weird loon who escaped Crazyville. Oh well, there goes my chances. Although, right now, it doesn't really matter as long as the cliché drama - like Charlie's overprotective boyfriend streak - isn't present, it's pretty dandy.

What I wouldn't pay just to see him do that again...

Hold up, did I really just say that?

Oh no, oh no, oh NO.

My brain starts going haywired with crazy thoughts, short circuiting little by little, but that all froze because Eric happily interrupted. I'll be honest, I'm kind of thankful for that.

"So, how are you?" he asks, his steel blue eyes focused on me and only me. He didn't even acknowledge Andrew and he was right next to me.

I debate with myself, trying to figure out what to say. In the end, I simply didn't say anything and just shrugged at him.

Sensing my inability to speak up, like normal people, Eric decided to eye Drew up and down in a way that has warning written all over it. I felt agitated and smug at the same time.

I wonder if he thinks we're together?

But then he saw me with Charlie last time...not Andrew.

Geez, he probably thinks I'm a slut or a-an easy lay.

Joy.

"Do you wanna go grab some drinks?" Drew offers, looking down at me and completely ignoring Eric.

I smile nervously at him. I mean, what could possibly go wrong, right? "Yeah, sure."

Unfortunately, we haven't even made it to the snack table and already, Charlie had popped up out of nowhere.

Nice timing, Charlie. Real nice.

If he goes ape shit again, I swear I'm going to leave this joint. With or without hanging out with Drew. As for Cindy...I'll see her soon enough. I wouldn't be able to find her at a party anyway. Not a chance.

"Oh hey, guys. Glad you-" Charlie stops speaking mid sentence, so I follow his gaze and you've guessed it. His golden eyes never leave Eric and his head of blonde.

"I'll be right back," he says through gritted teeth.

At this point, Drew seemed so confused and cute at the same time. It was really hard not to laugh, so I didn't even try stopping myself.

"What are you laughing at?" he murmurs playfully.

I shook my head, replying, "It's cute."

After that, we heard a commotion somewhere in the party. I could hear Charlie's distinct voice. He was shouting at Eric with so much venom.

What now?

We slowly creep to the center of attention. Drew even held my hand as he lead us through the throng of drunken teenagers. I was smiling like an idiot, staring at our interlaced fingers.

Good thing his back was to me. It would be embarrassing if he saw me in this state.

My love stricken ramble and thoughts were interrupted again by more shouting. This time, it was Eric saying shit. My eyes widen, knowing that Charlie has temper issues and very little patience.