My Best Friend's Brother Ch. 31

Chapter 31

"Hey, Drew, do you see that?" I asked, motioning to the black Chevrolet that had been trailing behind us for the last fifteen minutes.

"See what?"

"That!" I said, pointing at the rearview mirror repeatedly. "I think we're being followed."

He squinted his blue eyes as he studied the aforementioned pursuer. "Are you sure? Do you know how long its been following us?"

"Fifteen minutes; well, sixteen now," I replied confidently.

"Well then, I have a plan."

Drew zig-zagged us to different streets, some a little scarier than others. I wasn't sure what he was trying to do, but at this rate, we are going to be toast. Seriously, some of them are like you're-gonna-get-mugged central. So, while I was totally freaking out on the passenger seat, he had a determined look on his face. Me being me, this reminds me of the scavenger hunt challenge.

Mainly, the memory of seeing Anna Stanton and Drew sharing lovey-dovey smiles at that parking lot.

Not that I cared or anything.

I was just saying.

(I told you I assumed a lot.)

After a couple more twists and turns, we are officially parked in a creepy, abandoned warehouse. With lots of broken glass and a bunch of other things that our followers could use to kill us. Don't even ask me why Drew thought it was a smart idea to come here or how he knew of this place. I had no part in this whatsoever. Minutes later, the black vehicle arrives on the scene. I glanced at Drew with obvious horror. I sure hope he knew what he was doing.

"Tell me this is part of our date? I mean, nondate..." I corrected myself, knowing that this truly was platonic - at least, to Andrew it is.

He has Anna now.

(Well, I did say I assumed things often.)

"Uh, not exactly," he replied sheepishly. I was about to go off at him about how we're about to get beaten up, but he suddenly did something I wouldn't have expected. He grabbed my hand, and murmured. "Elouise, just look." If it were somebody else who told me those words, I would've punched that person in the stomach. But, this was Drew, the boy with the striking blue eyes and pitch black hair. He was the boy that I so obviously liked; the same boy who didn't reciprocate my feelings.

It was hard, breaking our stare; since his hand was distracting me more than it should have. But slowly, my attention left the dark-haired Adonis. At first, I was just surprised, and then, I felt an overwhelming feeling of idiocy. Now, as I stared at the four boys that were not at strangers - nor murderers, I wondered how I couldn't have noticed all the tiny details. The black Chevvy, it was Cindy's! It had her plate number and everything. I should've known, for crying out loud. Charlie always borrowed her car, because well, he didn't own one. I should have realized this sooner.

I glared at all four of them. All were tall, and reasonably muscular; one had maple brown hair, two were dirty blondes, and the other, a honey blonde. Standing off to the side was the bad boy himself. Zeke...I guess I could probably understand. He did whatever he wanted, and once he was set on something, there was no stopping him. Plus, I classified him as a troublemaker, so it could only make perfect sense. Charlie? He would always be a nosy person. He was probably just looking out for me, like a brother. The thought made me grimace. But, Hector and Henry? I couldn't quite put my finger on why they would show up in the first place. My guess was that they were utterly bored and an unknowing Charlie mentioned his planned to them by accident. As a result, they forced him to let them tag along his spying adventure. But, that was just my guess. I mean, why would they want to follow me and Drew? There was nothing wrong with spending time with the guy that I liked. Not that he reciprocated my feelings or anything. It doesn't make any sense. I mean, didn't they trust me?