My Best Friend's Brother Ch. 18

Chapter 18

Looking at the group of people in our circle, I felt as if I wanted to have a little laugh. I guess pretty weird and bad things tend to happen during teenage parties - not that I didn't already know that.

After having a heated argument with my twin during lunch, we settled for something even. She made me agree to go with her to a party at some baseball player's house, while I convinced her to go on a simple date with Charlie. It'll be their first, mind you.

Sitting here, on the hardwood floor of someone's unusually large bedroom, I found myself fighting off a giggle. A shot or two probably had something to do with my all-too-bubbly personality. At the moment, there were eight of us; there was Penny looking like a funny drunk, Cindy, who was drinking from a big bottle of alcohol, the twins, who seem to be oddly sober, Charlie, who still owes me an explanation, one of my sister's cheerbots, me, and even more strangely, Zeke, the resident bad boy. I mean, I'm tipsy but not delusional. This scene makes me wonder if I'm just imagining all of this. Seriously, you have the popular girl, the cheerleader, the sweet best friend, the jock, the skater boys, and the mysterious bad boy! All you need now is the victimized good girl. I'm guessing that's me, except I'm not all that nice.

I take a big gulp of my unknown drink, shaking my head. I should really stop watching too many movies. It's starting to taint my outlook on reality.

"Are we really playing truth or dare?" Charlie complained, eyeing the door behind him.

"Door's locked and everything, so there ain't nothing to worry about," Penny slurred, still managing to pull off looking like a goddess. I rolled my eyes at her glamourously straight her and picture-perfect features.

She's definitely one of the lucky ones.

Cindy started clapping her hands, trying to get our attentions. "So are you guys ready or not?" When nobody answered, she smirked and spinned the empty bottle. Yeah, it was the same one she was drinking a few minutes ago.

It landed on cheerbot first. Immediately, all excited eyes were trained on her. We all waited for Cindy to ask the redhead. I didn't know what was taking her centuries, but I'll just blame the alcohol for her slowness.

"So, truth or dare?" Cindy asks, raising one brow as she stares at cheerbot.

The girl cleared her throat, pretending to be coy. I know it's an act - everyone does. "Da-dare..." she stuttered shyly, making her eyes wider than usual.

Shoot me. Shoot me now!

Cindy pretends to think it over and taps her chin. After a few seconds, she replies, "Okay, slap Charlie in the face five times. Make them painful." You could see the evil in her cloudy eyes. It honestly scared me. My best friend can be a bonafied criminal at times.

So, the girl stood up with a smirk and waltzed over to Charls. She then kneels on the floor and slaps him five times. They looked pretty painful, exactly the way Cindy wanted them to be. I saw Charlie wince trice, but other than that, he was as good as a new skateboard. Don't ask me why I compared him to a random object. I said it once and I'll say it again - I blame the alcohol.

"My turn!" cheerbot squealed, spinning the bottle excitedly. This time, it landed on Hector, who looked quite surprised. "Truth or dare?"

"Truth," he answered lamely and we all groaned in protest. Hector wasn't having any of it.

"If you have to kiss a guy in this room, who would it be? No, you can't choose yourself. It's either your twin, Charlie, or Vanderwall," cheerbot states, her eyes alight with amusement. I have to say, that's a good question.