MBFB Christmas Special

Baby, It's Christmas
-Charlie Fellows-

Everybody celebrates Christmas differently. It's the same with grieving--to each their own. Christmas is a time of happiness, a time for unity, and, on a rare occasion, a time for pain. I doubt that I'll be one of the those people who'll drown themselves in pity, though; no matter what the circumstance. It's Christmas, you're not meant to be sad.

Cindy runs past, dragging poor Elouise along by the wrist. The Waltons always come over on Christmas Eve, it's tradition. Unfortunately, another thing that we do is wear matching sweaters that our mothers knitted. This year, Mom has gone all out. My parents, Cindy, and I are wearing reindeer ones. But, get this, Mom put hair on them--our hair! It's messed up! Mine looks like Bambi, but with yellow eyes and disheveled brown hair. Then, there's Cindy's. It's a more feminine version of my Bambi. It's got a bouncy, blonde ponytail, gray eyes, and long, dark eyelashes. Seeing them makes me physically cringe, but it's for Mom's sake; and I love her enough to wear this ugly article of clothing.

Meanwhile, the Waltons are wearing less crazy Christmas sweaters. They have the same snowman on the centre of their knits. Of course, the thing that makes it butt ugly is the fact that the background consists of neon stripes. It's also oversized. Mr and Mrs Walton don't seem to mind and just leave them. Elouise decides to pair them with leggings. It pretty much counts as a dress anyway. Penny, like the little rebel she is, cuts hers up. It's a midrif now. I stare at her firm stomach appreciatively.

"Charlie, stop ogling Penny," someone suddenly said, startling me.

"I was not," I replied, eyebrows furrowed.

"Bet you want her under the mistletoe with you," she teased, smirking at me, and I watched as her big, blue eyes lit up with mischief.

I cleared my throat. "Actually, you already are," I said, and it was my turn to smirk.

Eli visibly stiffened and her gaze lifted up to the ceiling to check. When she saw nothing there, she let out a quiet sigh. "I'm so gonna get you for that."

"Geez, you make it seem like it's the most repulsive thing."

"What?" she asked, raising a brow at me. "Kissing you?"

I nodded with a chuckle. "As if you don't want a piece of this!" I winked and she rolled her eyes at me. She always did that; I couldn't come up with a time where she didn't roll her eyes at me.

Who knows, maybe it'll turn into a disorder?

But then, what if she died from it?

...Well, that escalated quickly.

"You've gotta admit, it's sort of really disgusting. You're like my brother!"

"Indirect incest," I mumbled, shrugging.

"It's...yuck," Eli stated as she scrunched up her nose.

"Let's do it," I joked, slowly raising my hands to grab her shoulders.

"You're such a pig!" Eli exclaimed, followed by a big step back.

Seeing her distasteful expression made me laugh a little.

"Charls, stop bugging me and just go follow Penny around. Isn't that what you do every year?"

"Well, well, well. Someone's brought a bag of comebacks," I noted, ignoring her. "Do tell me more about how you found your wit this lovely evening."

She slapped my sweater-clad arm, but I brushed it off. "Why do you always have to be a douche? It's Christmas, for crying out loud!"

"So? It's not like we actually talk to each other."