Chapter 7

[Why is this house so big? The tour took so long I think my legs might fall off.]

I was lying in my bed when a sudden knock on the door.

"Ellie? May I come in?" A familiar voice asked

It was Felix so I went and opened the door then sat back down on my bed.

"Is something the matter?" Felix asked with a confused face.

"Yeah, I am confused, scared, and worried. I just got kidnapped, you are my fiancé and I live with you now apparently, also since I am your fiancé what if that just puts a bigger target on my back!"

I felt like just passing out and hoping it was all a dream, but I knew it wasn't. Felix grabbed me and pulled me into a hug.

"Don't worry I will protect you and anything you want to know I will answer honestly, I promise."

I pushed him back out of the hug then I spoke

"Really?" I asked

"Of course!"

"Why did you marry me?"

Silence fell

"You said you would tell me! We met two weeks ago and now we are getting married; it doesn't make sense! So, tell me!" I shouted

Felix was very handsome, rich, and a perfect man, but marriage is important for CEO's and rich people. If a rich man got married but his wife was a gold digger all his money could be lost along with his company.

"I have to go to work but I'll be back."

[He's avoiding answering me.]

"But it's 3:00 in the morning, why would you go to work now." I asked with a confused face

"There was a problem in the company, we have a traitor, I need to find them and get rid of them quickly." Felix stated

"Ok. Be careful."

"I will"

Felix left for work, and I was left by myself in this big house, well except for Linda and Cain but they just ask what I need and then leave me alone. Instead of sitting around I decided to explore. Somehow, I ended up in Felix's office. There were pictures of him and his parents as well as a picture of him as a kid and a little girl. She had light brown hair and big, cute, green eyes.

[Who is she? A sister? A cousin? a past friend? Or a childhood lover?]

I stared at the picture wondering who she was. Suddenly Felix walked in, it turns out I had been wandering around for over 2 hours. On instinct I hid behind a bookcase, Felix came in and sat down on the tiny sofa in the room. He sighed.

[What's wrong with him? Did he get the traitor? Why am I hiding?]

Felix stood up and went up to the picture of him and the girl.

"Ellie, you don't remember me, what am I going to do?"

Felix was whispering but I could hear him clear as day.

[Was I the girl in the photo? Why didn't he tell me?]

I had so many questions, but I didn't have time to find the answers. My foot was bending, and it was extremely uncomfortable, I accidentally pushed my foot and it hit the bookcase, making a small noise. Feix looked over while I was up against a window behind the bookcase. He kept getting closer and closer, so I decided to jump out the window. When I hit the ground, I got a big scratch on the bottom of my leg.

"Dang it!"

It hurt so bad; I didn't want to walk. When I got back to my room, I fell on my bed but as soon as I did there was a knock on my door.

"Madam? May I enter? I have some tea for you."

It was Linda, I figured I could tell Linda and she would not tell Felix, so I let her in.

"Linda, can you get the first aid kit? Please." I asked

She was shocked when she saw my scratch and then she ran to get the first aid kit, at least that was what I thought until she came back. I heard a knock on the door and told them to come in thinking it was Linda. Instead of Linda I opened the door to Felix holding the first aid kit. I slammed the door in his face and stood in front of the door.

[Why was he here?]