Chapter 21

Everything was black but there was a sound so small that all I heard was a buzzing noise. Slowly it became louder and louder.

"Help me!"

[Where am I? Is this a dream?]

All I can see is a little boy drowning. The boy looked exactly like Felix.

[What's happening?]

Suddenly my body started moving without my permission. I jumped straight into the water and swam the boy to safety.

"Are you okay?" I asked

The boy didn't answer, so I decided to do something I had seen on TV. Push on the chest then blow in the mouth. 1,2,3,4...

Everything was black again. I didn't know what to do until a bright light showed up in the distance. I walked towards the light but then my walk turned into a run. When I reached the light Felix was there standing above me holding my hand.

"Felix?" I said confused

"Ellie?! Are you awake?" Felix said frantically

"What happened?" I asked

"Ellie, why do you always do this to me?" he spoke bringing my hands to his face.

"I'm sorry but I think I remember something."

He jumped.

"What? What do you remember?"

"You, I think, drowning, then me jumping in to save you and when I pulled you out, I did CPR."

Felix jumped around happily.

"You finally remember!" he screamed

"Felix, please calm down I only remember a little bit. The things I told you are the only things I remember, nothing else."

"Still, at least now we know you can recover your memories." he said enthusiastically

He was happy but I was frustrated, I wanted to remember but I couldn't.

I didn't go to work the next day, I decided to take a few days off. Felix did the same. I was thankful that he was doing that for me but because he didn't have work, he was always next to me. When I would try to go down for dinner, he would tell me to stay in bed and let him bring it to me. When I wanted to go downstairs, he told me to hold his hand so he could support me down the stairs.

"Felix, please I can do it myself."

"Just relax, I will do it for you."

I wanted to help Linda cook lunch by cutting up some vegetables but as soon as Felix saw me, he took the knife and started doing it himself.

"Felix, once you finish, we need to talk."

After Felix had finished replacing me in the kitchen, I took him into his office. I sat down in his chair and spoke.

"Please take a seat, Mr. Grand."

Felix giggled then took his seat.

"Stop! No more hovering over me, just be there when I need you."

He looked at me pouting.

"I am just trying to protect you! If you don't remember you passed out randomly, and there is no reason as to why you passed out. Also, what would happen if you passed out doing something that could harm you? I'm just worried, I don't want to see you hurt or get hurt."

I stood from my seat and walked over to Felix who was still sitting in his chair.

"It's okay." I said, grabbing his hand "I know that if something really does happen, you'll save me." I smiled but he didn't

"Ellie." He looked into my eyes before pressing my hand on his cheek.

"Okay just remember to be careful and call me to do all the dangerous stuff."

"Sure thing."

I thought everything would go back to normal, but I couldn't stop dreaming of the things I had seen after I passed out. The memories, I was hoping I would remember more but it just kept playing the same memories repeatedly.

*Knock knock*

"Felix, Can I come in?"

"Of course!"

I walked in to find Felix sitting in his chair with papers stacked on papers in front of him.

"Is something the matter?" he asked concerned

"No, I just wanted to see you." I replied

I walked over to his desk and sat in the chair across from him.

"Felix, were we close when we were little? Did we spend a lot of time together? How long did we know each other?"

"Slow down, Ellie. We only knew each other for around a week, and we weren't really close, but we did spend a couple hours each day together until you moved."

"Felix, can I ask one more thing?"

"Of course."

"Do you truly love me?"