Chapter 18

[I don't understand. Why would he say those words right now?]

Felix pulled me into a hug then kissed me gently on the lips. I was even more shocked than before.

"Wha-What?"

Felix giggled and smiled

"Ellie? Did you really think I would believe in some stupid scheme?"

I was relieved and flustered. I didn't know what to do now. Felix and I stood in silence for a few minutes until Felix broke it.

"Ellie? Are you angry I kissed you?" he asked softly

I didn't respond. I didn't know how to respond or what to say.

[He kissed me and told me he loved me. Wait! Does that mean he truly loves me but.... I don't know if I do.]

My thoughts were cut off when Felix grabbed my hand. I looked up at him to see him smiling but it wasn't a happy smile. I took a deep breath the spoke.

"Felix, why do you love me?"

He froze.

[Does that mean he doesn't have an answer? Does he only think he loves me? Why must things be so complicated? Just say you don't know or that you don't truly love me. Just say something!]

"Ellie, you make me happy, and I want to protect you forever. I know you don't love me, but I still want to try."

I had no words. How do I respond to something like that, and did he really mean it? I wanted to ask but I didn't get the chance.

"Ellie just give me the papers I will take care of it." Felix spoke softly

He was smiling but this smile gave me no sense of comfort. I felt more pity for Allsion then anything else. Felix pulled me in for one last hug then whispered in my ear.

"Ellie, I meant what I said but if you want you can just forget it. You'll hear it in the future either way."

Then he left and I was standing in my office alone. I went on with my day and realized Allison was nowhere to be found. I thought that after what she did, she would come and bark at me all day but nothing.

"Ellie? Are you ok?" Asked Uncle Vince

"Oh? I'm fine."

Right now, I was sitting in Vincents office, waiting to receive information about my new patient. His name was Milo Welster, when I saw the name, I was in shock. Milo was my high school friend from when I went to that horrible high school. Milo has a twin brother named Alex, we were all very close friends but then they went to pursue their dreams and I had to come home so I hadn't talked to them in 2-3 years. When I got to the room Alex was waiting for me in. I walked through the door, but Alex didn't say anything.

"Hello, my name is Ellie Astor I will be attending to you while you stay here."

"Did you say Ellie." a female voice from the corner of the room asks

I look over to see Milo standing in the corner. Once she realized it was me, she ran up to me and gave me a hug.

"Ellie, is that really you?" she asked

"Yeah, it's me."

She hugged me tighter while Alex stood to the side confusion.

"Wait, what?" Alex said

"It's so good to see you, Milo. I'm glad someone remembered me." I said looking at Alex

"Sorry and it is really you, Ellie?" Alex asked

"Look at her, of course it is!" Milo practically screeched

"How have you guys been, I've missed you so much."

"Well, I am great, but Milo needs a little doctoring." Alex exclaimed

"What do you mean? What happened?"

"She was trying to climb a tree to get a cat and fell out of it now her arm looks like its broken."

"What? Let me see!"

Milo reached me her arm; I gently grabbed it asking Milo where she felt the most pain.

"There is no need to worry, you just bruised it badly. The reason it looks a little out of shape is just from inflammation with the scratches. If you don't want it to get any worse, you need to put some ointment on it daily and try to keep it clean, so it won't get infected."

"Thanks, Ellie."

Alex thanked me while I was putting ointment on Milo.

"Ellie, lets meet up after your shift." Milo asked excitedly

"Ok, I'll have to drop by the Grand company on my way there though."

"Why?" they both asked