Chapter 8

"Felix?"

I slowly opened the door hiding my leg.

I was confused, what was he doing here?

"Ellie, are you ok?" He asked

"Felix what are you doing here? Where Is Linda?"

His face turned mad then he pushed me gently back into my room.

"Ellie, go sit down."

"Felix where-"

He cut me off.

"Stop ignoring what I say and sit down" he said with an agitated tone

I could tell he was angry, so I sat down.

"How did you cut yourself?" he asked

I couldn't tell him I jumped out a window, so I replied with.

"I fell while on a walk"

I didn't like lying to Felix, but I still needed to process what I had seen.

"Ellie, I understand if you don't want to tell me, but please don't lie to me."

I lowered my head.

"ok"

Felix put his right hand on my cheek and lifted my head. He smiled. I stared into his beautiful blue eyes; he was so handsome. I was getting lost in his eyes until a knock on the door interrupted us.

"Madam? Master? Is everything ok?"

It was Cain. I quickly looked away and stood up, but since I still had that scratch Felix pushed me right back down.

"Stay!" He spoke

He opened the door, told Cain to go away then closed the door. He looked at me and stared at me.

[What did he want?]

"Felix?"

"Yes?"

"What are you doing?"

"Watching you"

[Is he watching me because I lied?]

"Felix, I'm sorry I lied to you, I don't mean to hurt you." I spoke

"It's ok, I understand."

My heart dropped. Why was he so nice to me? All I could think about was the photo. Was that girl me? And is that the reason he is willing to marry me? Felix noticed that my expression was unhappy.

"Ellie? Is something the matter?"

I didn't know what to do so I put on a smile and spoke

"No, I am ok."

I knew I had messed up. He had just told me not to lie to him and I just did.

"Are you sure Ellie?"

He was testing me.

"Felix. I- I just can't tell you. Ok?"

"Ok."

His face was just as sad as mine.

"Sorry" I spoke

"It is ok. Just tell me when you are ready."

I hugged him. I really wanted to ask but I was too scared he would be mad, so I let it go and tried to forget it.

The next week I avoided him as much as possible, I woke up earlier and went to work and came home earlier so I could be home before him. I avoided him for a whole week until one day I had to work the night shift at the hospital and got released late. I started driving home but I was too tired and ended up almost dosing off. At that same moment, another car swerved around the corner in front of me. We crashed, I had hit my head on the stirring wheel and was bleeding. The other car had totally flipped over from trying to avoid my car, and the passenger was still inside. I got out of my car and ran to the flipped vehicle.

"Hey! Are you okay?!" I yelled

I had seen a child in the back seat and the mother in the driver's seat. Pulling open the car door, I grabbed the mother and pulled her to safety, but the child was still inside.

"Please save my child." Said a quiet voice

It was the mother, so I climbed into the car and saw that there was a gas leak. This could make the car explode. Hurriedly, I grabbed the child and ran out, behind me the car blew up and the child and I fell to the ground from the force of the explosion. I protected the child and grabbed my phone; I pushed the call button then I passed out.