Chapter 3- Destination and Warning

We discussed my so called fake case for about 2 hours and I gave her all the details. I told her she would need to report to me all the facts in my office because it would be difficult for me to travel daily as I was busy with my meetings. The real thing was I wanted her to be out of her so called professional environment so that I can enter her personal life. I smiled in mind with that thought.

"Well that's all right Mr. Knight I will report to your office tomorrow 9AM. It was nice doing business with you" She smiled and her eyes lit with life.

  "Same here" I shook her hand a little longer before I realized it. I could see her face crunching in disgust but she covered it up with a fake professional smile when I met her gaze.  

Jocelyn's POV

Mr. Knight seemed not at all like the arrogant and mean person I thought he would be. In my two hours of discussion with him on his case, he has given me valuable inputs without me asking. If I was not in office I would have told him that he could have represented his case without my assistance. All the while he was very professional so I was little shocked when Mr. Knight held my hand little longer. I was thinking a proposal is in a way and I would have turn it down that would make me loose the account and job in the same instant.

 I was thinking a proposal is in a way and I would have turn it down that would make me loose the account and job in the same instant

Well seems like it's my lucky day today and I am not about be jobless because we do have his account with this firm. So at least I would not be called to the vixen's cabin to get my things packing.

NEXT DAY

I woke up early to start my day. I have lots of notes from my meeting yesterday and I had gone through it and would require Mr. Knight's signature on some of the documents to begin the case filing process. I was getting this weird feeling like something important was going to happen.

I wore my matching black bra and panties and for getting my famous professional look I had on my black suit. I let my hair loose and wore closed-toe heels to give it a finishing touch. I finished off minimal makeup and pink lip gloss.

I checked my watch for time and it was 8:00 AM and I would need to be at his office at 9:00 AM sharp

I checked my watch for time and it was 8:00 AM and I would need to be at his office at 9:00 AM sharp. He told me he does not entertain late employees and after meeting him I was willing not to loose the deal. I started walking towards my black Audi and put the engine to life. I sped my way to his office at empire building. I parked my car at parking at 8:50AM yeah I had only 10 mins to be at his office even though I started early from my home which was out of city I was late. I ran to the lift which was about to get closed and had one man dressed in black Armani suit. 

I apologised the man for just barging in when the lift was about to get closed

I apologised the man for just barging in when the lift was about to get closed. He stared at me and his vein popping out as he clenched his jaw. I never expected that, I selected the 14th floor and waited for lift to reach my spot. The man got out at 10th floor and said " Be careful of the man you are about to meet" . Even before I could comprehend what just happened the lift closed and I was at 14th floor.

Feeling weird I walked to the right and to the receptionist. The model looking women sat there.

" Excuse me I am here to meet Mr. Knight" I said.

She didn't even lift her eyes from her screen. Feeling awkward at the treatment like this I asked her again.

" Look Miss whatever is your problem but my meeting Mr. Knight is very urgent. I have an appointment with him at 9:00 AM and need to discuss case with him"

 I have an appointment with him at 9:00 AM and need to discuss case with him"

She looked at me raising her eyebrow and asked rudely " What's your name?"

" I am Jocelyn Prescott his lawyer" I replied annoyingly.

"Oh I am so sorry Miss Prescott, please forgive my ignorance I thought you to be one of those women who are ready to throw herself to Mr. Knight. You can go straight and then right and the last cabin is his. He told me he has an important meeting with you. Again mam I am really sorry for delaying you for your meeting" she replied almost taking a 180 degrees of change in her attitude.

I was amazed at the women she could sweet talk anytime she wants too and be mean at the same time. Checking my watch I had 5 mins to spare and I would be in his cabin if I make haste. I knocked door of his cabin nervously. Somehow meeting Mr. Knight was making me beyond nervous. I overcame that feeling and stepped in when he said come in.