Chapter 26- Helpless

"People today Myra will show her face to her would be husband. Let's cherish the moment".

I was trying to wriggle out but soon I saw the sheet removed and the woman in black who I assumed was my Savior stared at me with those hypnotic eyes .

Soon someone pulled off her veil to reveal the face----------the face that is imprinted in my heart and I whispered the name of my beloved "Jocelyn...."

Ethan's POV

As soon as I whispered the name, her eyes widen in surprise momentarily and then she covered it with a smile. I was unable to understand what was going on. I was trying to find her and was thinking of escape but here she was in flesh and blood smiling as if everything was fine.

I was about to question her when suddenly celebration started and my voice died in the sounds of drums and dance the people were doing on the occasion of our union. I saw happiness and laughter people enjoying the ceremony once the rings were exchanged and a sweet potion offered to us as a symbol of our promise to each other.

I could not believe that after waiting these many years things are happening and even Jocelyn accepted me happily. Though everything was in place, still something was gnawing in my heart that something is wrong.

Suddenly the arrows are thrown and two of the men were on the ground bleeding. When I looked at the source of commotion I saw a figure riding on the horse coming towards us. When the rider reached us I was even surprised to see this man.

He was the same who threatened me to stay away from Jocelyn.

"You... " He said pointing his hand at me "Did you really thought you can come here and claim what's mine".

" Magnus Lestat" The name flowed from her lips.

Even though it was just a whisper but it seemed it was enough to have him focus his gaze on Jocelyn.

"Myra... my beloved" He jumped from the horse and strode near her. Seeing him coming towards her she looked to her side to see me tied up and then the chief who stood as though he was not afraid but I could see his body language telling me that he was terrified.

Once he was near her he bent on his knees and raised his hand to her in a motion to take hers but the look of disgust and no move from her made him get up and he started circling her while saying "Sweetheart it hurts me to see that you reject me and insult me infront of your people everytime I seek your hand and yet you agreed to marry a complete stranger".

"Even though he is a stranger I know he is better than you and what makes you think I will ever accept your proposal" She replied with anger in her voice.

"Myra my love you know when I want something I take it and no one can stop me" He said warningly.

"That's what you have been doing but if you think you can just come and take me just like that then you are wrong Magnus" Jocelyn replied with even more hate.

"Darling you know no one here can stop me from taking you with me and make you my wife forcefully . Yet I ask for your acceptance, doesn't that show my love for you" He responded.

"Magnus Lestat doesn't do love... He only kills" Jocelyn known as Myra replied with even more disgust.

"Love you are right I don't do love and I only kill but I will change, change for you. Come with me" He said almost pleading tone.

"Magnus I have told you earlier and I am telling you now I don't want anything to do with you" She replied angrily.

"If you think by rejecting me and insulting me you can send me away and marry this stranger. Then you think wrong sweetheart because today I don't plan on leaving my bride behind. Because today you showed your beautiful face to all of them to this stranger which was supposed to be shown only to me. You were not supposed to unveil yourself infront of these people. Your beauty is only for me to look, for me to enjoy and caress. So my love forgive me for this" Saying that he hit his sword's hilt on her head making her unconscious.

"Magnus you cannot take Myra with you. It's against the rule of our village and if you don't respect them I will have to challenge you" the chief who was silent till now spoke.

"You think you can win chief. You and I both know you will end up dead. Think about your wife and Kids before pushing yourself in danger" He said while seeing the chief's wife running to chief to hold him back.

"Magnus stop... You cannot just take her with you. You will have to fight me before you can do that" I yelled.

"Oh look who is talking. A person who can't even free himself is challenging me. I would have entertained you but not today" He moved with her in his arms.

"Magnus let's fight man to man and then see who wins" I challenged.

He laughed and said "Well seems like you are not loving your life Stranger but I will spare you today because I am having my beloved in my arms.

I called him names but seems like he was too arrogant to notice and he moved towards his horse while I was trying to unbind myself, I even asked the people next to me to unbind me but seems like they were too afraid to even move.

When I thought no one would do anything as he made his way to his horse and laid unconscious Myra on the horse and was about to jump on his horse an arrow stuck on his arm.

He pulled the arrow and looked in the direction of source to find Dennis pointing his arrows at him. He chuckled and said "Dennis don't act tough now. You know how you left her that day when she needed you".

"I know what I did Magnus but today I am not going to repeat the same mistake" Dennis replied.

Magnus chuckled and before anyone could even blink when Dennis body fell on the ground with a knife piercing at his throat. Everyone was stunned to see and they rushed to Dennis only to find him dead.

Magnus jumped and rode away with Myra while I stayed bonded to the chair.

"Chief I know I promised that I will stay out of village's business but when it comes to Myra, things become personal to me and I deal with them accordingly.

All the while everyone stared at his retreating figure. His departure with her infront of my eyes enraged me and I yelled "Cowards at least you could have unbinded me. How could you let him take her just like that".

No one uttered even a single word. Some of them took Dennis dead body to prepare for funeral. I was still struggling when the chief came to me and unbind me and said "If you are a true warrior then bring her back".