Chapter 6- Affair and Warning

I opened the file and could not believe there was my damn signature on it and but I didn't remember me signing it. Then It dawned, my assistant Ruby had me signed one blue file after I had my meeting with Mr. Knight the first day and she didn't let me read it stating she has to hand it over to Mr. Ashley since he is on her for that file.

I took the file with me and stormed out of his office. 

Jocelyn's POV

I stormed out of Mr. Knight 's office so that I could have a talk with Mr. Ashley. I was very angry at him. When I was about to reach my car I found a man standing near my car. 

"Excuse me, can you get aside, I have to get my car out" I asked him

"Good Day Mam, I was waiting for you" he said in polite tone.

"And Why may I ask" I said in a irritated tone

"Well Mam I am your new driver"  he replied smiling. 

"Sorry I think I heard you wrong" I asked looking at him.

"No Mam you heard correct I am your new driver and I am to drive you wherever you want to go"

"Excuse me.. are you telling me you are going to be my driver??" I repeated not believing what I was hearing

"Yes Mam I am" he said  shifting his weight from one leg to another

"And who may I ask appointed you because I am sure I did not" I asked tilting my head and crossing my hands.

"Errr.... Mam Mr. Nathan" he replied nervously.

Now this was height of everything. Not only do Mr. Knight claim to own my time but now his lawyer has taken the liberty of appointing a driver for me. It was good that he was no where near me because if he or his lawyer friend had been I would have punched both of them on their noses.

"Well.. Mr..." I said

"My name's Drake Mam" He filled in.

"Well Drake Thank You for waiting for me. But I don't think I need a driver. I am very much capable of driving my own car" I told him politely.

"But Mam I was instructed to follow Mr. Nathan's order. So whether you need me or not I am  still going to be your driver and drive you wherever you want" He said with conviction.

" Look Drake I already told you I don't need any driver and before I get pissed off and loose control please move out of my way. I have to go somewhere like really fast".

"Well I am very much ready to take you Mam, all you have to do is order me " Drake replied not at all perturbed by my warning.

"Drake I am.. I am warning you so.. please" I told him in stern voice.

He walked aside but stood nearby. I looked into my purse for my key and didn't find it in the pocket of my purse where I usually keep it. I tried searching it but to no avail.

"Miss.. are you looking for this?" Drake said from behind.

"No I am not" I replied without even a glance.

"I guess you are..." He replied and I could hear him smiling.

I turned to face him to give him piece of my mind. But when I turned I was surprised to see my car keys in his hands. I walked to him to pull them but he moved his hands and said "Let's drive you wherever you want to Mam. It would be much easier" 

I composed myself as I understood that this Drake was as good as in listening to me as Mr. Knight and Mr. Nathan.  "The arrogant man's arrogant workers" I muttered under my breath and asked Drake to drive me to my office. He was a good driver and very cheery. He kept talking about how he became a driver and how lucky he feel he is to be my driver. I ignored whatever he was talking. All my thoughts were directed to Mr. Ashley. He was the sole reason I am in this predicament.

After 30 mins  Drake pulled over to my office. I jumped out of my side before he could even open the car door for me. I literally dashed to Mr. Ashley's office even though his receptionist was shouting that he is busy.

As soon as I opened the door, I was not ready for what I was seeing. Mr. Ashley had a brunette his lap and both were smooching each other's face. They both were so engrossed that they didn't notice I was in his office, I was so angry on him but seeing the man who had been reason for my current situation is enjoying, the anger which I had, turned into  wickedness and I took a photo of them and moved out of his office slamming the door before saying "I guess I should show this to your wife Mr. Ashley".

I saw how both of them had jerked and were surprised to see me leaving the office

I was waiting for the elevator when I felt Mr. Ashley's presence. "Josh I think we need to talk about this" he said while combing his hair with his hands.

"Well Mr. Ashley there is nothing we need to discuss" I said before stepping into the elevator.

He followed me and then he tried talking to me. I looked in front ignoring him. 

"Look Josh.. I will do anything but please don't tell this to my wife" He begged.

"And why do you think I wouldn't. Surely you are cheating on her. She has every right to know" I replied.

"Josh.. you know I don't love her... " He said gazing at me.

"That's not my problem Mr. Ashley" I replied and stepped out. He followed me and then he caught my arm and pulled me to him.

"Josh you know I don't love her. You know I love you and since you didn't feel the same for me I married her for money. But if you tell her that I am cheating on her. She would just divorce me and all my assets will be lost to her. That would not be good for me.  So let's come to an understanding can we?" he begged.

I jerked from him, folding my arms and asked "Why do you think I would listen to you Mr. Ashley? I have nothing to loose if I tell you wife about you"

"Josh I will do anything .. please" he said.

"Really?? Mr. Ashley.. Think again??" I said.

"I am sure I can do anything... Promotion... Nice bunglow... whatever Josh just ask.." he said almost grovelling.

"Well can you cancel the deal with Mr. Knight" I asked smiling.

He froze and he started untying his tie and said what I didn't expect " Josh.. you better tell my wife about my affair, but I am not to loose my life because of her. I can't cancel the deal. If you must know love be careful with him he is dangerous.. And Josh all the best for your future"

After saying that he left me alone in  the lobby. I just could not believe what I have gotten myself into. I stepped out and was about to walk when I realise someone was following me. Then I realised it was my car  that Drake was driving to follow me. I jumped into the back seat and laid my head and asked him to drive me home.