Chapter 14- Serial Dreams-Part 1

"You think I know this because I read your diary Josh?? I know it because I was there when it happened dear.. Your mind has suppressed that painful memory and you don't remember what exactly happened but your subconscious does and it keep replaying it for you to know that it happened" he said

By the time he finished my head started spinning and I felt like my mind will explode and all I remember is black.

Flashes of Past

*************************************************************************************************

I was sleeping and then I felt I was in a garden. I wore black clothes. I was plucking flowers. I found I was not alone there were three other females who were doing the same.

"Hey Aria.. don't you think it is enough now. I guess we should head to the palace".

"Sure Lisa we should" I replied.

We entered the palace and there was stern looking lady who was glaring at us "You petty slaves didn't I ask you come soon. It's prince return after 5 years. There is lot of work that needs to be done.

"Cook we gathered flowers as soon as we can" the second female replied.

"Amela... I don't want excuses.. Now haste lest we will be late for Welcome ceremony. Go and help the decorations now". Cook scolded.

I was about to go direction where other girls followed.

"Aria.. I need your help in making the dishes all these other girl are good for nothing".

I nodded and helped her make roasted lamb,cod with oyster sauce , and we also prepared a buffet of hot and cold meat,and for desserts there was cold baked tarts, custards, and spices, sugared delicacies and wafers!". After all was done.

"Cook can I make some muffins" I asked her not looking in her eyes.

"Aria... Don't you think we have made enough desserts and we have spend more than half of our day here. Don't you think you are tired now" She said.

"No cook I am not tired I just wanted to use the leftover we have here. That's it" I replied her looking once at her and then again bringing my eyes down.

"I know Aria dear.. didn't your friend Lisa likes them" She said "I would have said no to her but since you helped me cook I will allow you go ahead and use whatever is leftover".

"Thank you cook" I said and started making my special dish.

As I was done with the cooking and I was about to come out of Kitchen when I heard the crackers and loud music of Prince's arrival.

I ran and started lighting the smelling wax and soon the fragrance spread across the Palace walls. I was happy that now that our Job is done me and my friends can leave.

"Hey girl cook is asking for a slave. Go to kitchen" A guard shouted.

I made my way to kitchen through the slave passage when suddenly someone pulled me in and muffled my mouth with their hand.

I panicked and was struggling and when I looked at the face my breath hitched but calmed myself so I could try to make him leave me.

"Oh Aria...It's just me your Eden" he said smiling. Chill ran down my spine seeing him and more me alone with him.

"Please let me go sir...I am needed in the kitchen else I would be whipped if I am late" I said in begging voice.

"Oh my Aria.. I know you are a slave but dear I know cook would never do that you. Don't you think ?" He said.