Chapter 23- Love Claims and Search Plans

Prince Randolph's POV

I knew even if I could take her and escape but then we both will be hunted down and she will be the one to pay the price so I bitterly agreed and said "I will do as you say my King".

The King seemed pleased with my reply and I was about to move out when he said "Son... since you are getting married to the Princess. Keep your distance from your lover for a while".

I nodded and strode off.

Soon the news spread that the Princess Sarah and I are getting engaged. I could do nothing about it and so I was once again seated at the Podium where I got engaged with Aria.

It's been 12 days since I saw her. I wanted to visit her when she slept but King my father has forbidden that too. If my father had not threatened her life I would have not married Princess Sarah I would have never left the woman I love alone.

Everyday seeing maids and servants running in urgency to prepare for my wedding celebration was very painful since I wanted to see this being done while I would have been waiting for marrying Aria my love. But now I can't do anything to stop this unwanted wedding. I knew I had forced the marriage on Aria too and I can feel her pain but in our case at least I was in love with her and I knew sooner or later she would have loved me too, but in this forced marriage neither me or Princess Sarah are interested.

I felt even if I would have to live with Sarah but I would make sure to protect Aria. Today I was getting married to Princess Sarah and it was surprising to me when Father proposed the engagement of her and me that she didn't even object when she herself was one of the guest during my first engagement. I thought may be she would say something but it seemed like she was mute on the subject.

I wanted to discuss with her so I tried meeting her but my and her Father objected and today will be the first time I will be seeing her after that fateful day. I was lost in my thoughts when my valet came and got me dressed and when he was done he said "You highness we are late. Everyone's waiting". 

I reluctantly nodded and moved to the Podium where I once imagined Aria and me exchanging vows. I looked at Princess Sarah she was as glum as me even though dressed in one of the best white gown studded with diamond and gold. Soon we exchanged our vows monotonously and we were married. Everyone around seemed so happy but the two persons who must be happy about the arrangement were sitting unhappy trying to avoid each other's eyes.

Soon the celebration came to an end and it was time for our wedding night. I could not bring myself to go into the chamber where my new bride awaited me. I went to my old chamber so that I can relax. I called for my valet to bring wine and he did and soon I was out of stock and I again ordered for more he brought again but when I asked for third time he refused stating I was not in my senses. I got angry and pushed him and while I was moving to get more wine I passed the hallway near the chamber where Aria resides. I didn't think and just stepped in her chamber and found the bed and I saw her sleeping and I went there and gazed at her and soon I was asleep. Morning came and I moved my hands to hold her but she was not there. I kept looking for her but didn't find her. I called for the maids and asked and I didn't get any reply.

"Where is she??" I asked commanding.

"Sir, we are not aware. She is not to be found since last night. But we were surprised to find you here" One of them replied.

"What do you mean you are surprised huh... Wait did you say she is missing since last night" I asked glaring at them. 

"Sir it was your wedding night and you didn't go to your bride and instead came here and yes Miss Aria was not here when I came with her dinner" The one who questioned my presence answered.