Chapter 16- Serial Dreams part 2

But now what will happen I was shaking and my heart would stop beating at every footstep which was made towards my room. Then I heard the familiar footsteps and I started panicking and as soon as the door opened my heartbeat exploded and suddenly all went black.  

Jocelyn 's POV/Aria POV

As the door opened I saw the soldier entered and stating "Hey did you see anyone running around the castle?" 

I shook my head and he search every nook and corner and then left satisfied. I released the breath I didn't knew I was holding. Then I heard footsteps jumping on my balcony and I moved there and saw a figure . 

I was about to shout when I felt him hold my mouth. "Don't... It's me pretty lady" He said "and you won't scream when I remove my hand. Ok.." I nodded.

"Who are you?" I whispered.

"Well you really have very short memory dear" He said smiling.

"No I mean..." I blushed "I know you saved me there but I want to know...who you really are and what you are doing in the palace and why did you save me" I asked.

"So many questions... woaha... hold your horses" He said and walked to my bed and laid there.

I frowned at his audacity. The person who I don't even know took liberty to step in my room and go lay on my bed. Though if it had been any other insolent man I would have scolded him but he saved my virtue so  I went to him and said "Look sir... it's not safe here.. Please leave as soon as possible..." I said without meeting his eyes. 

"Did I do something that offended you my dear" He said staring at me. Unwillingly I lift my eyes to meet his eyes and said " You... shouldn't have involved yourself with General. Now whole palace soldiers will be after you" I finished worried and anxious.

"And do what let him take advantage of you" he asked annoyed.

"Sir.. may be you are free to do what you do where you live but this is a king's empire and the place where I live is his. We are bound to King and his subjects to both respect them and their command. And we have rules  which we are bound to follow and if we don't, we are punished because we are mere slaves. General is one of the favourites of King. I know what General was about to do, but you know what may be today you saved me...but sooner or later he will get what he wants. So please leave.. at least I won't have your blood on my conscience" I finished turning my back to him. Tears rolling out of my eyes to hide my weakness to hide my shame.

 I didn't notice him getting up until  he suddenly turned me around to face him "You want me to leave I will  for now but I will come again" He said with emotion.

"No please don't come here... Your life will be in danger" I pleaded.

"Ok I will not come here. But promise to meet me tomorrow night " He said

Generally I feel afraid of men but with this person I don't know I felt comfortable. I nodded my head and said " I... "

"I will not come to palace unless you promise to meet me" He cut me off.

" Ok fine I will meet you in the gardens near the pool which is attached to the forest and in case we are in trouble you will have fair chance to escape" I told him.

"Not changed a bit.. same like how you were Josh" He said smiling.

"Josh.. How  do you know my name? Who are you?" I asked widening my eyes.

"I will tell you when we meet again dear" He said and left from my window.

I release a breath of relief knowing he is  moving out and he will be safe. Not sure but the   stranger made me feel the bond and emotion of belonging. I wiped the thought as soon as it came.