Chapter 17- Midnight Endeavors

"Lord you are not in a condition to carry the girl. Moreover you should not even get up" Sam shouted from back.

"I am never too weak for my Ria..." He whispered to me and I blacked out.

Aria 's POV

I got up to find myself in a beautiful room and the bed beneath felt so smooth. I knew it was not my room but needless to say it was not a slave quarter either. I tried to get up when I heard.

"Ria.. don't" He said in a warning tone.

I sat on bed under the quilt which was magnificent. I looked anywhere but at him knowing too well that he had his gaze fixed on me. I felt like a caged animal.

"Ria... how do you feel" He asked.

"I am feeling good Sir... Can I go now I have lots of chores pending" I said looking at the quilt which was draping my body while caressing it with my fingers.

"Ria... I know you have chores but you are not well yet and till I tell you you won't move from here" He said sternly

"I... I am.. I am in good health Sir. Please can I go now" I pleaded still not meeting his eyes. I wanted to run away run away from this beast for I didn't know when he will pounce on me.

"It's not me who held you here dear. It's Royal Physician Sam. He told me you passed out due to lack of sleep and lack of food" He stated.

"Well if I can I will never let you leave my room" he murmured to himself.

"I.. I ate food Sir.... may be lack of sleep" I answered quickly wondering when he will leave me. I was afraid if I stay for some more time he will force himself on me. The event of evening was still afresh in my mind.

" So when was the last time you had your food?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"I... I.. I ate in the Night before. I answered hesitatingly.

"Why??" He asked again.

 "We.. we were busy preparing for the celebration Sir..." I said nervously.

  "Why??" He asked again.  

"I don't understand what you are asking Sir" I said meekly wondering what he wants to know.

"I am asking you why you missed the meal for a whole day"

"I missed the morning meal since I was busy with my chores and Cook forgot to keep the leftover for us and next one was in evening which I again missed" I replied.

"What about afternoon meal" He asked bit curious.

"We don't get afternoon meal" I answered wondering why he is asking so many questions.

"And tell me why not?" He asked in a challenging tone.

"Sir we are slaves and we are fed twice a day" I replied softly.

"How did you missed morning meal?" He asked again.

"I was late for first meal Sir" I repeated my answer holding my sob.

"Why? What were you doing so important that you missed the basic need-- Food knowing too well that  you get it only twice. Probably meeting a man" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"Sir.. I promise you I don't entertain men if that's what you are implying" I said. I was holding my angry tears, that he would say something like that but continued "I am a slave who has lot in her plate rather than entertain men and moreover men don't go after slaves like me".

"Really?? you want me to believe that" he said clenching his jaw and pulling me to him and holding my chin harshly"Tell me the truth now".

I was afraid for a moment but then I took deep breath calming myself