Chapter 10- Flashes of Past

Stranger's POV

I wanted her to stay away from Ethan Knight, because this was the last chance he had to make her his. If he fails he would never be born again and the cycle will break. I know it is selfish of me to not tell her everything that happened in the past, but I will do whatever it is I can to stop Ethan from having Josh. I wanted him to suffer so much that even his death could not bring the peace for him.

Jocelyn's POV

"What?? what did you call me just now.. Josh" He asked gripping my chin harshly.

"Ow..." I yelped.

"I am sorry to hurt you Josh" He said and left.

When Mr. Blondie left I was alone and all I could do was watch the white ceiling. I was so bored looking at the ceiling that I tried to see something that was colorful other than this stupid white color. Finally getting bored I realized why not I try to find out why I was kidnapped. On thinking I realized somethings

One I was kidnapped two days before hearing.

Second Mr. Blondie hates Mr. Knight.

Third though he hurt me he didn't like hurting me.

These three things led me to conclusion that my kidnapping is surely not because of my past cases. This Kidnapping is very much related to Mr. Knight's case and the Kidnapper is related to Mr. Knight.

It would have been great if I could call in my assistant so that I can have this man's history. Probably if it was not a forced and a rushed case I would have research more on him.  The thing that irritated me that I missed my homework on this case. If  I had files on this man then I could have something to bargain and  a choice to not go in the party and probably I would have been in my home  and most likely having my self made perfect coffee working on my case. 

But due to this case  I am stuck with a psycho and  man... is someone really looking for me. I know I am a famous lawyer but still finding a lawyer for Mr. Knight would be taking in more preference than finding me. 

Also I don't get this Kidnapper's point of kidnapping me because the file that has all the details is still with Mr. Knight and so there is no information or documents he can get from me. There is nothing that I have which is going to make any effect on the case. Also this person keeps mentioning that he doesn't want me to go near Mr. Knight. I think that is an illusion he wants to create so he can keep the real reason for Kidnapping hidden.

I would have to be vigilant and ask him what he needs from me and what I can give him so that he can release me. I want out of this place ASAP. I am getting freaked out of this white color.

Kidnapper's POV

I watched Josh..Yeah Josh I love calling her that. The expression on her face changed from bored to confused and then finally like she has solved a big mystery. I was amused by her. She doesn't know that it was me who followed her in her childhood. I kept in shadows, fend off any guys with evil intentions.

Earlier I would just visit her while she slept. I always thought she has a happy family and this time nothing would go wrong. But I was wrong she lost her parents. I just could not help her, so I followed her, helped her at times. I didn't knew at that time that Josh could see shadows and you know what once when I fend off the evil guys she thanked me turning to me. But I kept silent and she gave up after saying "I know you there and must you know I am thankful but please don't follow me around. I want to have a normal life. I appreciate your helping me and yes I would try not end up in sticky situations like this"

"This was the first time I came to know she could feel my presence. She asked for one thing and that was to leave her alone" I respected her wishes and backed out.

But later I regretted my decision because I came to know that Ethan was watching her and when once she lost her temper and was driving. She crashed into a tree and before I could reach her he helped her. He felt my presence and took her away. I knew once a powerful vampire like Ethan Knight goes in hiding you can't find him because of their power to  generate a shield. I tried finding him but could not and then after a week I found Josh back in her apartment safe and there was no mark on her. I knew the monster just healed her but that also told me that he is waiting to claim her for himself.

I knew he would feel the bond with her but no I will not let her suffer once more. She has been suffering every time she is born. She is always suffering because of Ethan or for Ethan... No this time she needs to be freed from this cycle.

Now you would ask me how I knew she suffered because it was me who was her cry shoulder it was me who would try to ease her pain and then Ethan would come from nowhere and open those wounds for her. If it was me I would erased Ethan from her past or future.

Ethan's POV

I entered her apartment and her faint lingering scent calmed me. I was hoping for a miracle that she would barge in to her apartment at anytime and I would hide her in my arms. I sat in her bedroom and looking through her drawer I came across her childhood albums. She had all the photos from her childhood. When she was born, when she started walking, when she had her first bicycle ride.. till she lost her parents.

I felt a place vacant because her presence was lost to me. I felt loads of weight on my shoulders and again my love made me cry. But this time these were not just my eyes it was my heart which was bleeding and calling for her.