Chapter 13- Scratching Old memories

I stared at him while he gazed in mine and said in his sincere voice "Meanwhile all I am asking you is trust me better trust your instincts.. no one's a friend and no one can be trusted.. I am telling you this because in future you may be aware and seek someone you should know I am there and I will always be there like I am always for you". He finished in a sad expression.

With that he walked away.. I could feel the honesty and I could feel the emotion in his eyes yet something's not right.

I tried going after him but I found the binds were back and my hands were tied again. I was surprised I didn't even notice he had tied me again. This is not normal right??

Jocelyn's POV

I was thinking what my kidnapper told me and I was getting weary of sitting in this white prison. Even though he was nice to me feeding me regularly, making sure I was washed up and daily have new set of clothes it was like being a princess but in a prison.

I was missing my office, my clients and you know what I was missing the demanding Mr. Knight. No and not romantic way, I was missing the freedom I used to have and now I am here all the time in this huge room but I can't seem to see outside. I have TV in my room and I have a walk in closet and you know what I even have library next to me. I have everything next me but I am dying to go out. I want to feel nature which is around me.

Right now I am looking for some book to read because you know what I am dying for a human contact. As I was looking for books I found a book which fell down. I bent to look over and when I took the book in my hand. Wow it was an old one and when I turned to look at the first page. It was written in some different script and though I have read many books but I am not good with foreign scripts. I was about to keep the book back.

"It's ancient book on Vampires. Surely you won't want to have nightmares" My kidnapper said.

"And pray tell me how do you know I am scared of Vampires Mr. Blondie" I said.

He gets riled up whenever I call him Blondie he prefers Mr. Kidnapper though. But I love irking him since he is not being fair by keeping me here against my will and not telling me the reason I have to suffer this isolation.

"Josh I told you to call me anything but that" He said clenching his jaw.

"Oh I too remember telling you that I don't want to be here and Since you care enough for me to keep against my will so I am going to take the liberty of calling you whatever I feel like" I replied.

He caught me by my arm and pulled me to him

"Josh you don't want to angry me. I know I won't hurt you but I can hurt somebody you would care about" He said.

"Oh really ... tell me who is this special someone whom you know and I don't" I asked challenging him.

"Your sister........." he replied.

I laughed not because he wanted to use my sister against me but because I didn't had any sister. I was the only child. And since that is truth I laughed at his attempts to make me respect him.

"You sure don't believe me... do you Josh?. Well I expect you not to believe me.. since you don't even know about yourself.. I know everything your past your present" He said.

"Oh sure you do Mr. Blondie... what?? you think just because you are hallucinating and think that you need to save me and God knows from what ?? You can tell me anything and you expect me to believe you. Then I would say you are wrong!!" I replied.

"In any other situation I would have loved your sarcasm... but dear it's your life we are talking about and I surely know more about you than yourself. Do you know how you parents died? " He said.

I narrowed my eyes on him and replied "I surely do know how they died" I answered surely feeling hurt but I could not show my tears but it hurt me.

"Oh dear my apologies I didn't want to hurt you. But at this time I think you should know that the parents you think are yours were not your real parents. They adopted you and your real parents my love... you don't remember them... I can see from your expression... died a very brutal death" He replied maintaining the eye contact with me.

Though I highly doubted his statement but I was not sure when he said everything while maintaining eye contact. I have learnt a person doesn't lie when they maintain the eye contact. More over a person has to be either telling the truth or the person so skilled in lying that  he doesn't understand the difference between truth and lies. While all this was going in my mind I said " No they didn't and I know you are lying".

"Oh sure I am dear.. don't you Josh.. see nightmares when someone forcefully takes you on his shoulder and while some people are crying and begging him to not to do so..." He asked with a questioning look.

And you know what he was right.. I did see that in my nightmares... I know he can't be mind reader but I did share my nightmare with my diary and even writing it made the goosebumps on my arms that day. I just could not believe someone actually read my diary but I think he did.

"You read my diary?" I asked him.

"What??" He answered frowning and then realization dawned on him "You think I know this because I read your diary Josh?? I know it because I was there when it happened dear.. Your mind has suppressed that painful memory and you don't remember what exactly happened but your subconscious does and it keep replaying it for you to know that it happened" he said

By the time he finished my head started spinning and I felt like my mind will explode and all I remember is black.