Chapter 4- Neutral Territory

Checking my watch I had 5 mins to spare and I would be in his cabin if I make haste. I knocked door of his cabin nervously. Somehow meeting Mr. Knight was making me beyond nervous. I overcame that feeling and stepped in when he said come in.

Mr. Knight's POV

I smelled her once she stepped in my office. I wanted to run out of my office and hold her in my arms. But I had to control my urges. I wanted her to trust me. When she knocked my cabin door I could hear her heartbeat which was very fast. I was wondering whether she was excited to meet me or Is she afraid of me?? But I didn't gave her any reason to be scared of me. I think she is nervous.

"Well Miss Prescott I guess you have all the reports on my case so that we can win this case" I asked

"Oh yes Mr. Knight I have all the information filed in this file and you can have a look at it at your leisure and you can ask me if you need any clarification" She replied

"You think there is anything important than winning this case at the moment" I asked 

"Well Mr. Knight if you can go through it now I would be glad to answer any of your questions that you have" she replied in firm tone.

"Hmmm.. seems this will take sometime, well let me call my secretary to cancel all my pre-lunch meetings" I said

I called my secretary to cancel all my appointments of the day.

I could see from her expression that she felt it was not needed. But she didn't know that I did that so I could spend some more time with her and so no one will disturb me.

I went through the file so that she won't feel I was just passing time. I was watching her every expression each time I turned a page on the file. I kept going from first to last and two hours have passed and she was getting agitated that why I was going through a simple file again and again but she thought to keep herself profession.

"Well Mr. Knight do you have queries?" She asked in her formal tone

"Miss Prescott I must say your report on the case is impressive and you must be wondering why I am going through this file again and again. Well I am doing business and when I do a deal I do it seriously and I don't take light to the mistakes. I am satisfied with your file. But how do I know that you will be able to present the facts as professionally and as good as the file here shows?" I asked her

"Mr. Knight I am glad you do not tolerate mistakes and believe me I have been doing this for last 2 years and I have handled bigger cases than this" She said.

"Look Miss Prescott I  am aware of your reputation but I believe what I see" I said looking at her and already knowing well she was controlling her anger.

"Well if that's that then I guess I must leave since you surely have lack of faith in me" She said while gathering her things.

"Is that how you are going to deal my case Miss Prescott?" I asked.

"Look Mr. Knight I have no clue as to what you are expecting but I do know I expect my client to trust me that I will do my best in their interest" she said annoyed.

"Miss Prescott I already told you that I believe what I see" I said raising my brow.

"Let me guess you want me to present facts how I would in the court and then you would believe me" She said sarcastic tone.

"You indeed are a smart woman Miss Prescott" I said amused.

Her expression said she find it completely unbelievable but then she said "Well in that case Mr. Nathan I must say I would need another person who could cross-question me so I can give a demo to you about this".