Chapter 12- UNEXPECTED

I stared at him while he gazed in mine and said in his sincere voice "Meanwhile all I am asking you is trust me better trust your instincts.. no one's a friend and no one can be trusted.. I am telling you this because in future you may be aware and seek someone you should know I am there and I will always be there like I am always for you". He finished in a sad expression.

With that he walked away.. I could feel the honesty and I could feel the emotion in his eyes yet something's not right.

I tried going after him but I found the binds were back and my hands were tied again. I was surprised I didn't even notice he had tied me again. This is not normal right??

Ethan's POV

I entered her apartment and her faint lingering scent calmed me. I was hoping for a miracle that she would barge in to her apartment at anytime and I would hide her in my arms. I sat in her bedroom and looking through her drawer I came across her childhood albums. She had all the photos from her childhood. When she was born, when she started walking, when she had her first bicycle ride.. till she lost her parents.

I felt a place vacant because her presence was lost to me. I felt loads of weight on my shoulders and again my love made me cry. But this time these were not just my eyes it was my heart which was bleeding and calling for her.

Ethan's POV

I missed her so much that I didn't even realize what I was doing and where I was. Suddenly I heard footsteps and door opening. Hope surged in me that Jo has come back and I got up from the floor of her bedroom as I was about to step I felt it was not her fragrance actually there was no fragrance. My senses kicked in  for I knew Jo didn't have any friends and she was not social which makes me doubt at the person who entered.

Also the person who entered is not human and why was it I could not smell him or her. I hid in the shadows and came till hall and there I saw the silhouette but I could not see its feature and this was weird for me since I am a vampire I should be able to see it more defined.

"Who are you ?" I barked at the person.

"Hahaaahaaa.. Ethan you have not changed and still you don't know me. I thought you would know but you see you are still weak Ethan... If I had in me I would have wipe you out. But you know I love to enjoy your misery... and that's why you are still exist". He replied.

I could feel mockery in his voice and I was unable to pinpoint who he is.

"Ethan.. I came to warn you.. forget Jocelyn and mind your own business and if you didn't she may have to pay the price" He said warning me.

"Don't you dare even think about it... I will kill you and tear each of your limb into pieces that you won't even know what was what...." I yelled at him.

"You think I can't huh you pathetic Ethan... and don't you dare threaten me ... I do know very well what you are capable of... you could not even protect her and you dare warn me. Do what I say or else... well you are a smart man" He said and retracted his steps.

I jumped on him but all I did was hit the next wall and it started breaking. I was left alone in Jo's flat.

I ran out of her flat but no there was no one I could sense. I could not even get a trace of who it was that warned me, who it was who held her captive. 

I flew to my Kingdom and called for my confidants Vampires, and asked them to look for any suspicious being. I was still clueless as to who he was...

I was in thought when light blazed in front of me and I saw Fate materializing afterwards.

"Hey Ethan... how are you doing?" he asked.

"Not now Fate... you know I am not in mood of your jokes" I replied.

"Well you sure are a kill joy man" he said..

"Fate... LEAVE ME ALONE I DON'T WANT YOU HERE... DO YOU GET THAT" I yelled at him.

"Ok.. I am leaving but let me tell you one thing" He said and stopped when I glared at him which he didn't care "I came here to tell you where Jocelyn is but seems like you are not interested".

I got up from my seat and came near him and caught his forearms "You know where she is and you are telling me this now"

Fate smiled and nodded his head. 

"Tell me Fate where is she?? I want to get her to safety.. please Fate tell me how is she?? Take me there Fate" I begged him.

"Ethan... I am sorry I can't take you where she is... you should take his advice and forget her...." Fate said.

"I can't.." I said...

And the rest of the conversation was lost and only thing that could be heard was

"Do you accept all the conditions Ethan?" Fate asked

"I ACCEPT ALL OF THAT FATE" I said... and soon there was fog around me and I could not see anything.

FATE's POV

He accepted everything, everything I told him without hesitation...I am overwhelmed with the emotions he showed... Over centuries I have seen him change and now this sacrifice... I would wish him all the best for whatever he is going to do...