Chapter 27- Revealations

Magnus jumped and rode away with Myra while I stayed bonded to the chair.

"Chief I know I promised that I will stay out of village's business but when it comes to Myra, things become personal to me and I deal with them accordingly.

All the while everyone stared at his retreating figure. His departure with her infront of my eyes enraged me and I yelled "Cowards at least you could have unbinded me. How could you let him take her just like that".

No one uttered even a single word. Some of them took Dennis dead body to prepare for funeral. I was still struggling when the chief came to me and unbind me and said "If you are a true warrior then bring her back".

Ethan's POV

I took one of the horse and rode along the direction Magnus took Jocelyn or now Myra. I could not find any traces of any horsemen riding the horse. It seemed like after the village border the hoofs print just vanished, inspite of the wet soil.

I took a simple guess and rode towards my right and after going for a while I looked for any kind of sign that someone passed that route and when I find none I decided to move back when I heard a piercing sound of a woman. This jolted me in action and I rode forward at the direction from where I heard the sound.

After riding for a while again finding no clue where I should move, I came across a river and again I heard the loud shrieks and again following them I saw an entrance to a cave. As soon as I moved to enter it my horse jumped and I landed inside a ditch. My horse had ran away a long away before I could even contemplate what happened to me.

I tried to get out of the pit using the vines around and as soon as I reached the top, an arrow just missed my ear and after that a series of arrows followed leaving me hanging below the surface and the bottom of the pit. I understood I was in some kind of protection mechanism to ensure no one could enter the cave without having the knowledge of this mechanism.

I dipped low hanging the vine and raised my hand in my right side and again a series of arrows followed hitting the trunk of the trees nearby. I moved towards left and the same happened. I jumped in the pit and then I came across an idea. I again used vines to come up till I was at the mouth of pit and then drew my sword keeping my shoe on it and the arrows shot in that direction. While arrows came from the left I moved myself towards right and when I did I was able to crawl on the top. It seemed like there was a interval that arrows followed from left and right.

As I was on top now I noticed again there were squares drawn and it was again some kind of puzzle and then I noticed there were numbers on it till 9. I used my sword to step on 1 and a spear came flying at me. I dodged it and then kept it on 2 and nothing happened I stepped in and then kept the sword on 4 and the arrows came flying again so not the even odd numbers. I pointed it on 3 and nothing. I stepped in and then I kept the sword on 5 and nothing  so I got it was addition of the number next to the number you stepped on and then adding the number you have with the next. First it was 1  and then 2+1=3 and then 3+2=5 and then 5+3=8 and once I was at 8 I saw 9 was in the centre unlike other squares so If I placed my sword outside the square and nothing happened as soon as I kept it on 9. I was blown away with the firearm charging at me and I stepped out of the puzzle. I entered the cave and it moved on and I saw two ways, using my instinct I followed my right and then right and again I came back at the same place I started. I used my left and left and again it was the same. It was like some labyrinth again.

I tried all the ways but again ended up in the same place then I sat on the ground and looked around and then I saw a mouse running with piece of cheese. It was quite strange that in this forest when I don't see civilization faraway and this cave which was like walking in circles. I stood up to observe the animal which got scared because of me and left the cheese and ran away. I saw him entering the hole and after sometime it came again and looked for any source of danger and then went for the cheese. Once it was done it scurried towards left and then it went towards an stone that raised and would not be visible to the outsider unless he has knowledge and went in. I reached the raised stone and touched and expected to see some weapons being thrown at me. I tried lifting it and then moving it left and there was a sound of movement and I saw this was the stairs cascading down the hole. I  cautiously entered the passage and went down the staircase.