Chapter 29- Land of Illusions!!

I ran like that to protect my clan and soon I was surrounded by soldiers who I clearly know belonged to Fallden empire. I fought and was killing mercilessly but then I felt as if there was a smell that made our vision blur and last I knew was someone carrying me in their arms.  

Aria 's POV

As soon as I woke up I found myself in a chamber that could have been nothing but a part of a castle. The intricate designs and on the wall and the expensive furniture showing the grandeur and wealth of the place indicating that chamber was no less than the part of a palace. I got up from my bed and rushed towards the door hoping it would be open but I was dismayed that it was not. It was strange for me to be present in a royal chamber when I last remember myself in the battlefield in my home where we were fighting the soldiers of Fallden Empire to save our people.

I least expected myself to be in a chamber, it should have been the prison or underground dungeon but here I was in a beautiful room with affluence wealth taunting me that I lost the battle. I looked around saw windows but even they were barred. Then my gaze fell on a curtain that was fluttering and I moved there only to see it faced a deep valley and only thing that could reach here was wind.

I slumped my shoulders and sat on the bed thinking why I was here. I heard a maid came in with food and immediately the door was locked behind her, when I tried asking her she did not utter a word. She made her way out and again the door was opened and locked as if there was someone outside. I banged on the door to get the attention of someone who was outside or maybe I would come to know where I was and who was holding me captive. But I didn't hear how much ever I tried banging or creating noise. It was as if I was left alone and only thing that happened in a timely fashioned was maid bringing in my necessities. Day passed and it was night and I still didn't know who was behind this. Then I heard a knock I went near the door and said "The door's locked from outside".

"I know that" a deep manly voice answered.

"Then why are you knocking" I asked.

"I wanted your attention and need you to answer my question Jocelyn" the voice said again.

"What is it? and Why I am I here?" I asked curiously because I have never heard this voice.

"Will you marry me?" the man asked.

I was shocked that a strange man expected me to marry him after he has forcefully imprisoned me.

"What? who are you? why you want to marry me?" I replied.

"Answer my question Jocelyn and all be revealed" He said in a calm tone, but I could feel the anticipation behind the words.

"Then my answer is NO" I said narrowing my eyes on the door which I expected to get open but no such luck. I heard a sigh on the other side of the door and then I heard footsteps walking away. I was waiting for the maid to come to give food. But no one came.

I slept to pass time and next morning I waited for maid to bring breakfast but none came again. My throat was parching and then I saw a jug of water on the bed side table and chugged it down. When I was done I went to balcony and stared outside.

It was night time when I again heard the knock on the door.

  "What is it?" I asked irritatingly.

"Would you answer my question now Jocelyn" the same man from yesterday asked.

"My answer is NO" I said "and will remain no".

Again footsteps faded and whole night I spent waiting for food but none arrived. Seems  like the man was starving me so I will agree to his demands.  The pattern continued, I survived on water for 5 days.