Chapter 21- Princess Aria!!

"Oh.. Dear, you have been promoted as his personal maid and that is a great honour. Now you will live in a room near his chamber and not in slave quarter. Go and pack your stuff" She said smiling.

I did as told and moved to the room next to Prince's chamber. But this move was a blow to my original plan of escaping this slave life and be away from this palace. In one single day I became from a nobody to somebody.

Prince Randolph POV

It was nice to have her near me. She took great care of the tasks assigned. I didn't need to point out anything. Moreover it seemed functioning without her would be too much. I have been observing her and yes she is different among all the beautiful ladies I have seen. She would do her job and leave me. 

But I would not leave her for I kept watching her through the secret window I have in my chamber. Yes I watch every night how beautiful she looks when she sleeps tired after her day's work.Even though I gave myself the reason that I am protecting my King and its people, I knew that was not true. When I had seen her venturing in gardens at odd hours the first time we met, I thought she was a whore or might be a spy who was working with some people who are against the King.

Initially it was a challenge for me to be near her as I didn't trust her. I thought she would use her charms to get money like others. I was in denial of my feelings that I tried to gather anything that would make me hate her or even slightly dislike her so I forged a plan to test if the woman to whom I feel attracted is greedy and vile like I expected her to be.

So to test her, One day I brought a gold necklace with diamond studded on it and while she was cleaning the mirror I stood behind her and held the necklace in front of her. The expression I expected was anything but confusion which I saw when she saw it. She turned to face me and looked at me as she got comfortable with me by  now "Sir, Do you want me to keep it safe" . 

I tilted my head and said "It's for you. I want to gift you this".

"Sir, I don' t need this" She said looking down.

I was amazed that she could act like innocent so still to further test her I said "You know if you don't like it then I would offer you a better one". I did it hoping she would agree and I would get a reason to hate her.

"I don't need this or any other necklace Sir.. and I don't understand why you are even offering me one" She asked once again looking at me.

I felt something evoke in me which I didn't like so I replied "Well you took great care of me when I was ill and have been doing a stupendous job as my personal maid". I thought now that she knows I think so good about her she would accept it.

"Thanks for your Kind words sir that is enough for me but you don't need to mention it or gift me, it is my duty to take care of you being your personal maid" She replied with a small smile and was about to return to her chore of cleaning the mirror.  I have never heard of anyone so innocent or foolish that they would not understand the importance of gold and reject it. 

I observed her and thinking how to get her to accept the necklace because if she didn't then I would have nothing to feel hate and it was not sitting well with me and  so I asked"Should I take this as an insult Aria".

She stiffened and turned and replied "No Sir I mean no offence but if you feel offended then you can punish me as I am at your mercy".

This really made me feel go ballistic, damn woman was telling me to punish her when all I want was to kiss her senseless, but still I wanted to continue so I asked "Do you want to go in dungeons for disobeying your prince".