𑁍𝗦𝗮𝗺 𝗚𝗼𝗹𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗵~𝗗𝗲𝗮𝗳𑁍

TW~Needles, surgery and being deaf.

Y/N'S POV

I'm sitting in the pre-op room, my heart racing with anxiety. I hate needles, and the thought of surgery is making me queasy. But Sam is here, holding my hand and looking at me with his reassuring eyes. He's been signing to me all morning, telling me everything is going to be okay.

I was so lucky to have Sam in my life. From the moment I met him, to now being moments away from hearing his voice, he's shown me nothing but love. I mean, he even learnt sign language for me. I could read lips but it was easier to interpret sign language.

As we wait for the surgeon to come in, I take a few deep breaths and try to calm down. Sam keeps signing to me, trying to distract me from my worries. "I'm here for you, angel." He signs as I feel a lump form in my throat. I love him for being so understanding and supportive.

The surgeon finally comes in, a kind-looking woman with a warm smile. She signs to me explaining the process of the surgery and what I can expect. I nod along, feeling a bit more at ease. She then explains it to Sam by talking, and I can pick up on a few sentences, but it's hard for me to understand it.

She then turns to face me again. "Are you ready? she signs.

I nod again, and she puts a needle in my hand. Sam takes my other hand, holding it tight as he looks at me with concern. I feel a pang of fear, but then he leans in and kisses my temple. "I'll be here when you wake up." He signs before I close my eyes, focusing on his gentle touch. Before I know it, I'm drifting off to sleep.

The next thing I know, I'm waking up in a foggy haze. My head is pounding, and I'm disoriented. But then I see Sam's face, holding my hands and looking at me with a reassuring smile.

He signs to me, "Hey, it's okay, angel. The surgery went well. The doctor will be in soon to put the hearing aids on."

I blink away the sleepiness, feeling a surge of excitement. Hearing aids? Already? This means I'll be able to hear for the first time! I start signing back to Sam, "Really? You mean I'll be able to hear you talk?"

Sam nods enthusiastically, signing "Yes! You'll be able to hear us talking, music, everything!"

I can't believe it. Tears of joy are streaming down my face as I sign back to Sam, "Thank you for being here with me Sam."

Sam smiles and signs back, "I'm always here for you, angel. Now let's get you ready for the hearing aids."

I feel a sense of excitement wash over me as the doctor comes in and starts explaining the process of attaching the hearing aids. Sam signs everything for me, and I'm fascinated by the whole process.

Before I know it, the doctor is finished and Sam is signing to me again. "You're gonna hear for the first time!"

I nod eagerly, feeling like this is all still a dream. But when the doctor turns on the hearing aids and I hear Sam's voice. "Hey angel, I love you." He says as I look up at him, tears streaming down my face. "I love you too." I whisper back

Sam smiles and pulls me into a hug, "I'm so proud of you angel." He whispers.

As we sit there holding each other, listening to each other's voices for the first time... it's like we're experiencing a whole new world together.