𑁍𝗦𝗮𝗺 𝗚𝗼𝗹𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗵~𝗗𝗲𝘅𝗰𝗼𝗺𑁍

A/N~This was requested by HufflepuffJam, I hope you and everyone else likes it.

Y/N's POV

I woke up to Sam's gentle voice and his hand rubbing my back slowly, "Y/N. Angel," I opened my eyes to see him smiling at me, his bright blue eyes shining with excitement. Today, I was teaching Sam how to put my new Dexcom sensor on for my type 1 diabetes. I was pretty sure that Sam would be able to do it as he's helped Colby with cold capping.

I'm so excited to be teaching Sam how to do it. He's been so patient and caring with me over the years, always helping me when my blood sugar gets low. And let me tell you, he's always been there for me with a bag of sweet treats. I've had type 1 diabetes since I was born, so I've had to deal with finger pricks and injections for as long as I can remember. But with this new Dexcom, it's going to make life so much easier.

"Hey Sam, did you sleep okay?" I asked sitting up a bit as Sam nodded. "Yeah pretty good, I'm so excited for today." He replied getting out of bed with a smile on his face.

"You're gonna do great. Right I'm gonna get dressed really quick than do my stuff, then I'll grab the equipment and meet you down in the living room." I informed, heading to our walk-in closet. "Alright, I'll meet you down there." Sam said.

I grabbed the sensor, transmitter, wipes and cover before heading downstairs, setting up the equipment on the coffee table, then relaxing on the couch for a bit before Sam came down and crouched down in front of me, pulling my shirt up a bit as the dexcom would be attached to my stomach.

"Okay, Sam, so the first step is to clean the site on my stomach where we'll be putting the sensor," I say, guiding him through the process.

Sam nods attentively, his eyes fixed on the site. "Got it," he says, carefully pulling out an alcohol wipe and cleaning the area.

I let the air dry the area on my stomach, making sure it's completely clean. "Okay, now it's time to peel off the adhesive off the sensor," I say.

Sam carefully removes the adhesive, revealing the sticky side of the sensor. He looks up at me for a second before applying the sensor to the site on my stomach. He presses down gently, making sure it sticks securely.

"Good job!" I say, giving him a thumbs up. "Now, break off the safety clip and press the button to apply the adhesive."

Sam does as instructed, and I can see the adhesive start to form a strong bond with my skin. "You're doing great, baby!" I exclaim.

Sam grins and gives me a quick kiss on the cheek. "This is actually kind of fun," he says. "I never thought I'd be saying that about putting a medical device on you."

I laugh and nudge him playfully. "Hey, someone's gotta do it," I say.

Next, Sam connects the transmitter to the adhesive and waits for two clicks to confirm that it's attached properly. When we hear the clicks, I let out a sigh of relief. "It looks like we're all set! Just have to do the cover slip, but we can do that in a minute." I say.

Sam looks up at me with a big smile on his face. "Yeah. We did it!"

I give him a high five and then lean in for a kiss. "Thanks for being so patient with me, Sam, and thanks for helping me through everything" I say.

Sam wraps his arms around me and pulls me close. "I'm always here for you, angel," he says. "That's what boyfriends are for."

I blush and pull away slightly, feeling a little embarrassed but also happy to have such a caring partner. "Time for the cover now Sam," I say.

He peels off the back of the cover and sticks it around the Dexcom, making sure it's secure and won't come loose easily. When he's finished, I take my phone and scan the Dexcom to make sure it's working properly.

As we wait for the results, Sam takes my hand in his and gives it a squeeze. "So, does it work?" he asks.

I nod and smile. "Yeah, it looks like we're all set! Thanks again for helping me out."

Sam grins and leans in for another kiss. "Anytime, Y/N," he says.