𑁍𝗖𝗼𝗹𝗯𝘆 𝗕𝗿𝗼𝗰𝗸~𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗧𝗿𝘂𝘁𝗵𑁍

A/N~This was requested by _delusional_AF, I hope you and everyone else likes it.

TW~Abusive ex and being in danger.

Y/N's POV

I'm shaking as I sit in the car, my heart racing with every passing second. I glance over at Sam, who's sitting in the driver's seat, and then at Colby, who's checking that we have our equipment. We're on our way to the Lizzie Borden House, and I'm nervous but excited to finally see some paranormal activity.

"Guys, I'm so glad we're doing this," I say, trying to sound calm. "I've been researching this place, and I think this is going to help us get some real answers."

Sam nods in agreement. "I'm with you, Y/N. Let's see what we can pick up."

Colby, who's been quiet until now, speaks up. "Alright, guys. I'm ready to get started. Let's do this."

As we arrive at the house, I can feel the atmosphere changing. It's like the air is thick with history and mystery. I take a deep breath and try to calm my nerves.

Sam pulls out a spirit box and begins to set up the Estes Method equipment. Colby puts on the blindfold and headphones, and Sam starts to ask questions.

"Is there anyone here with us today that's willing to talk to us?" Sam asks, her voice steady.

Colby shakes his head a but trying to pick up words, and then he finally says "Y/N's. "

My heart skips a beat as I hear my name. It's like a cold wind blowing through my veins. I freeze, my mind racing with thoughts of what this could mean.

"Child," Colby says, his voice a little louder now.

I feel a wave of panic wash over me. Oh no, oh no, oh no. This is not good. I try to stay calm, but it's hard.

Even though I'm in a relationship with Colby, I used to be with Y/E/N, and he was abusive, but he blackmailed me to stay with him. I knew I had to leave as I was pregnant at the time, but he forces me to stay otherwise he'd kill the baby. I've been back and forth with the police and court for the endless abuse and mental manipulation. I'm trying really hard to get custody over my daughter Lainey, so she won't grow up with the same abuse that I've faced.

Just as I'm thinking about what's happening, my phone rings. I look down at it in shock - it's my daughter's number. She's only 5, but I gave her a phone only to call me if she thought that she was in danger.

"Sam, get Colby out, I'll need to talk to you. Don't freak out for a minute alright?" I ask as Sam nods and taps Colby's shoulder, bringing him out of the Estes Method and then taking the headphones and blindfold off.

I quickly answer the phone, trying to keep my voice steady. "Lainey, baby? What's wrong?"

My daughter's voice comes through the line, shaking with fear. "Mama, I'm scared. Daddy is yelling at me again."

My heart breaks into a million pieces. I know that tone - it's the same one my ex-boyfriend used when he was drunk and angry.

"Okay, Lainey, it's okay," I say, trying to keep my voice calm. "Just stay calm and stay quiet. Don't do anything to annoy him or anything. I'll be there soon."

Sam notices something is wrong and looks over at me with concern. "Y/N, what's going on?"

I take a deep breath and try to explain. "That was my daughter, I need to get her."

Colby looks at me with a mixture of confusion and a bit of anger. "What do you mean, daughter?"

As we finish talking, Sam looks over at Colby. "Colby, calm down a second."

Sam explains the situation to him, and he looks at me with a concerned expression. "Y/N, what's going on? Why are you so scared?"

I take a deep breath before answering him. "I'm scared because... because there are things about my past that I haven't told you yet."

Colby looks at me with confusion and concern. "What do you mean?"

I play with my rings for a bit before speaking up again. "I have a child from a past relationship... with my abusive ex-boyfriend."

I take another deep breath before explaining the situation to him and Sam. They both listen intently as I tell them about my ex-boyfriend and how he's been abusive in the past.

Colby's eyes widen in surprise as he processes what I'm telling him.

"I... I didn't know," he says finally.

I nod slowly. "I know it's not easy to hear, but I had to tell you eventually."

Sam looks at me with understanding in her eyes. "We're here for you, Y/N. We'll support you through whatever you're going through."

I nod gratefully at her words before turning back to Colby.

"I know this is a lot to take in," I say slowly. "I want you to know that I'm here for you too... regardless of what your past might be. Maybe I could be her dad one day."

My heart swells up with emotion as I look at him - really look at him for the first time since we started dating.

"Thank you," I say softly.

He smiles at me gently before speaking up again.

"Let's get out of here and get you back to your daughter," he says firmly.