Class Change Quest

After sending the text, Jin-Woo took one more look around his vicinity.

There was absolutely no one here.

Only the dense forest greeted his searching eyes.

In order to make sure he’d get to ‘enjoy’ a relatively-safe quest, he searched for a mountainside with almost no human presence and found the most suitable candidate.

The current time was 17:44.

There shouldn’t be any hikers in this in-between hour, plus his current location was an empty spot of land far, far removed from any hiking trails.

‘Time to get started.’

Jin-Woo accessed his mailbox.

[Will you take on the Class Change Quest now?]

The message popped up in his view as if it’d been patiently waiting for him.

Jin-Woo’s Adam’s apple bobbed up and down. Indeed, it was rather scary not knowing what kind of quest would pop up.

However, his anticipation was even greater than his fears.

While he was looking for a suitable location to start the quest, he used his phone to search for topics related to changing one’s class online.

– New skills.

– Benefits to one’s growth.

– Exclusive weapons reserved for a particular class.

– Connected quests.

….Etc, etc.

They were all from video games, sure; but, the accepted norm was that changing one’s class would result in many benefits.

‘And level 40 was when I could get my Class.’

Of course, it wasn’t all good news, either. He often spotted ominous sounding thread titles as he browsed through online forums.

– I chose the wrong class and now I’m bummed out.

– Only if I knew, I’d have gone with a different class, fucking hell.

– A moment of bad decisions later, I’m quitting my dearest game and returning to the normal society.

– Should I erase this character and start all over again?

….Well, these were also related to video games, anyways.

He certainly had far less to worry about here since he only used daggers as his main weapon until now. All the skills he had acquired leaned towards the profession of ‘assassin’.

‘Right, I’ve got dagger techniques and Stealth as my skills.’

Not only that, he invested mainly in raising the Stats of Strength and Agility, so it was kind of hard to imagine getting another class other than ‘Assassin’. But what Belial told him about regretting not investing points in intelligence bothered him.

As his thoughts arrived here, Jin-Woo summoned the ‘Poison Fang of Kasaka’ from his Inventory.

This feeling of the hilt falling so perfectly in his hand….

"Yeah, this for me is the most comfortable." He nodded his head like a wise old sage.

Belial laughed. "You made countless of mistakes, but well, you can still start over."

"What do you mean with that?"

"You will soon know what I'm talking about, just focus on your quest."

Easy for him to say, after making the human feel nervous and unsure. While gripping the dagger tightly, Jin-Woo shifted his gaze towards the message floating in the air.