~Chapter 18~

Carly's POV

The past week slipped by so fast that it was already the day my dad was visiting. Graduation and prom were fun, but the rest of the week past by in cleaning mine and Sarah's apartment. I stayed at our apartment, we couldn't tell dad about the boys yet. If we did he would start getting all over protective on us and give us the "protecting ourselves" lecture.

"Yo cool fry, let's go! We're getting late, you don't want dad to be waiting at the airport." Sarah said, running into the room where I laid.

"Let's go," I said walking out the room and stuffing my shoes on. I sat in the car as Sarah rushed to lock the front door and get in the car. As much as I was excited for my dad's arrival, I also felt very agitated because of the news Sarah had told me last week. When he arrived, he wanted us to go visit that woman who Sarah called "mom". I just couldn't, I couldn't even imagine how she looked like, or what happened to her in the past years. I skipped every possible visit to her that Sarah made in the past few years, if I think up of something sudden now, maybe I can skip this visit too.

"Why are you so quiet all of a sudden today?" Sarah spoke up after a few silent minutes.

"Just tired," I said, gazing out the window.

"Are you sure you seem a little off today?" She asked, looking at me for a split second before looking back at the road.

"No, I'm alright."I said. The next few minutes Sarah blurted out a few random stuff, I could tell that she also felt the same way I did right now. She hated her as much as I did, but being the older sibling, she had to look responsible in front of our dad.

"Carly," Sarah said parking the car, "Look, I know how you feel about dad expecting us to visit mom. I know that you don't want to go-"

"So then why do I have to go?" I cut her off, rolling my eyes.

"Hear me out on this. I know that you don't want to go, but just go for dad today. He has done a lot for us, you can at least do this much for him. We don't love her, but he still does, he still thinks our family has a shot to love each other. If us meeting her makes him happy, then we might as well just go " She said, looking into my eyes. I could feel my heart pounding, after so many years I've felt this anxious.

"Fine," I said nodding my head, regretting it instantly. All the memories of my childhood flooded back, chills running down my spine just thinking about that dangerous woman.

We stepped out the car and walked into the airport. Dad's flight had landed ten minutes ago, he should be out in a few minutes. Exactly fifteen minutes later a tall, chubby, half-haired man walked up to us.

"Dad!" Me and Sarah said at the same time.

" My beautiful angels, I missed you both so much!" He said, hugging us both tightly.

"I missed you too!" I said, a tear slipping my eyes.

"Me too," Sarah said.

"I love you both," He said, kissing both of our cheeks. I hugged him one more time, before taking his bags from his hands.

"How's everything, my little munchkins?" My dad asked, as we loaded his luggage into the car.

"Nothing much, really. Everything is basically the same way you left it before your trip." Sarah said, starting the car.

"Aw, I missed my little cookies," Dad said, touching Sarah's cheek and looking at me.

"So dad, what do you want to do today?" Sarah asked him after a while.

"Erm, we seem to be closer to your mothers place, right?" He asked. I could feel my body tense on the mention of her name, I almost forgot about the visit.