~Chapter 1~

Carly's POV

"Carly, hurry up! We are going to miss the bus home! Then we will have to walk home. Do you even know how far it is? It's like freaking a mile away, and who will be stupid enough to walk outside when it's freaking 200 degrees outside!"  One of my best friend, Zoya, yelled at me, her voice echoing in the school hallway which was almost empty.

I piled y books in my schoolbag from my locker. I took my time, ignoring Zoya. "Jesus! Zoya how can you yell in this hot weather?" I said, zipping up my bag and locking my locker.

"That's just me. Get your ass rolling now, because you don't want jannat waiting', because she will whip our asses if we get late." Zoya said, pulling her long dark hair in a messy bun. Jannat was Zoya's twin sister.

I heard Zoya huff, I took my time by putting my hair in a high pony tail. She ran over to me and pulled me by my wrist, I chuckled. I loved annoying Zoya; it was so easy to get her annoyed.

As soon as we reached outside, I could feel my body get caputured by the boiling heat. The hot air made droplets of sweat fall down from my forehead and down my face. It felt really sticky and nasty. 

"Yuck, I hate it!" I said, skipping down the staircase in front of our high school.

"Now you see what I mean, the faster we reach the bus stop and get the bus, the faster, we go home and sit in the cool hair." she said.

"We still have a chance to get to the bus stop!" I said jogging to the bus stop which like half a block away.  I saw the bus pull up to the bus stop. I soon as we reached the bus, I tripped over the sidewalk, which was uneven and I face planted on the floor.

I got up and saw the passengers on the bus look at me through the window and laugh. I felt so embarrassed. "Carly, you okay?" Zoya asked me.

"I'm fine, you take the bus, and I'm going to walk." I said, shaking off the dirt on my skirt.  I turned around and started walking the other direction. I was just too embarrassed to take the bus; I didn't care if I had to walk a mile to reach home.

"C'mon Carly, you must be kidding." I heard Zoya say. I ignored her and just walked straight ahead, as her voice faded.

I took out my iPod, and put my headphones in my ears. I played the song "Earned it" by The Weekend, this was my jam!

I must be the clumsiest person on earth. I fall at least twice almost every single day. I seriously don't know how I was going to wear heals on prom, which was only two weeks away. Zoya had me practicing on the weekends for a month now and I still wasn't good. I must've broken at least 12 pairs of shoes which had heals on it.

I guess Zoya left me and took the bus. WOW, and she is by best friend. I walked a few blocks, turning left and right. I didn't notice a black Escalade van pull up. I lowered the volume of my headphones, and started to walk faster.

I always feared black vans, my older sister, Sarah, had told me so many stories about black vans when we were children. I still believe in those stories even though she said she was joking. On the news, or in movies, they showed black vans pull up and they had rapists inside those cars. Those people in the car kidnap a girl and they rape her and that girl is never to be seen again. Isn't that scary?

I looked behind me and saw two guys walking behind me. They were tall, with hoods and a monkey hat on their face. They were just a few yards away from me. I took off my headphones and held it in my hand. I started to jog, guess what? They ran after me too. Thank god I took track, I ran and they couldn't catch up my speed. I saw another man come behind me. He tackled me to the floor. "LEAVE ME! YOU STUPID HOE!" I screamed. Thank god I took boxing because I kicked that mans manhood. I think he will never have babies. I heard him groan and roll on the floor. As soon as I got up I felt another person tackle me. But this time I couldn't fight back. I felt a cloth cover my mouth and nose, and everything went blank.

I wished I took the bus......

Author's Note

I hope you guys like it. A picture of Zoya and Carly's outfit. I promise you guys this story won't be cliché, it just starts out that way. I hope you like it. Enjoy!

.

.

.

Luv,

Harpreet!