two

Ashton walked into school with Michael beside him. They were both used to the looks they got so they easily ignored the high schoolers around them.

Ashton knew he's getting more attention today thanks to the big cut he had on his jaw. It was made by a knife so it looked more brutal than it was.

For Ashton it was nothing, the cut didn't even hurt him. He had experience ten time more worse things than this, so he was not going to be a baby about it.

He never was anyway. He never shed a tear or whined about being hurt. It didn't go with what he was doing and he didn't want to seem weak. If you cried in this life, you were a weak soul and human being.

Ashton watched Michael who was walking close by his side. He watched the green haired boy scratch his arm and Ashton grabbed Michael's hand and pushed it away.

"Let it be" he mumbled and gave Michael a look. Michael huffed but did as his friend said.

Michael's wrist was red from scratching his new tattoo. It was only a small line drawn just by the side of the dozen others. Ashton looked down at his own wrist filled with the same small black lines.

The lines were something people in the life he was living we're proud of. Ashton didn't know if he was. He knew Michael wasn't.

Michael was only proud of the things he did before the actual acts, the preparations he calls it, but after, he just dealt with it.

Ashton wasn't proud of anything. He was a professional at what he was doing but he didn't enjoy it every day. It was the same all the time and with Ashton's grey emotions, it didn't really make it better.

"I think he put something in it, it's inching like hell" Michael complained, looking down at his wrist.

"He did the same thing to me and I'm not complaining" Ashton answered and looked straight forward, watching the dreadful school and people in it.

"It's because you don't feel anything anymore" Michael shot back and Ashton gave him a glare.

Ashton didn't answer because it was true; he didn't feel anything anymore. His emotions were dead and he felt absolutely nothing. Some people said that it was something wrong with him but most people said it was a blessing while living a life like he did.

He was a criminal; a thief, a murderer, everything it contained, and it was good he didn't feel anything while doing his crimes.

"Are you going to any class?" Michael asked while typing something into his phone.

"No, I'm meeting up some guys from the football team, they needed 'refreshments'" Ashton said and scoffed at the last word said. Michael gave him a look before chuckling.

"God, those guys are fucking pussies" the green haired laughed out, shaking his head.

It was true though. All the football players were said to be big and muscular, but as soon as they made contact with Ashton and Michael, they turned out to be some kind of scared children. They were nothing against either Ashton or Michael.

"Do you have the pills?" Ashton asked as they walked out of the school to take the shortcut to the other side.

"It's in my back pocket" Michael mumbled while still looking at his phone.

"Well, can you give it to me?" Ashton asked, obviously a bit annoyed.

"My hands are full" the green haired boy said while smirking, holding his phone in both of his hands.

Ashton sighed and rolled his eyes before stepping over to Michael, stopping him in his steps. He took both his hands and placed them in each of Michael's pockets.