fifteen

Ashton walked into the living room while carrying a glass of water and a pill. He handed them both over to pale looking Michael who was lying on the couch.

"Take it and drink up," Ashton said as he sat down on the armchair, looking at the wall with a bored expression.

Michael sighed and with tired hands brought his medication to his mouth and swallowed it dry.

"Drink" Ashton said sternly, making Michael roll his eyes.

"I'm not thirsty" Michael mumbled and closed his eyes again, relaxing back on the couch.

"Do I have to force it down your fucking throat?" Ashton snapped and turned to look at Michael.

"Stop being so dramatic. I'm fine now, it's okay" Michael said and coughed before he turned to look at Ashton as well, sending him a small grin.

"You're stupid as fuck, I hope you realize that" Ashton mumbled.

"It was just some drugs, fucking hell Ashton, we've all done it. Sometimes daily"

"Not a suicidal dose," Ashton shot back and glared at Michael, "If you want to die, do it as you're protecting your family, this family. Don't drown yourself in pills and shots while sitting alone in your own fucking room"

"I wasn't trying to kill myself," Michael mumbled, "I just wanted to forget for a bit"

"About what?" Ashton scoffed.

"My mom," Michael said and Ashton furrowed his eyebrows.

"What about her? She died when you were like six" Ashton said and shrugged like it was nothing.

"That's the thing though," Michael said and sat up a bit in the couch, "She's not dead, I saw her about a few weeks ago and I've been watching her since"

Ashton frowned as he watched his green-haired friend. When Ty and Ashton had found Michael, he was left on New York's all kinds of different streets, walking around all alone without anything. He slept in a few dirty alleys or secretly sneaking into some backyards of the nicer looking homes of the suburbans not too far away. All because he had lost his parents, or so he thought.

"You told me she died" Ashton spoke.

"Yeah, well I thought so too when I was woken up at 5 am by two men emptying the apartment and threw me out like trash after. How was I supposed to know my mom had just simply left me without caring, and not died?

"And now she's walking around in stiletto heels, suit skirts, pinned up hair and money raining down from her fucking expensive purse. Like if her life's great and she hadn't left her son to die out on the streets 11 years ago"

Ashton pursed his lips as he listened to his best friend. Ashton had never experience that feeling, that kind of pure betrayal, because his parents died when he was very young. But he still had the knowledge of family members walking out on you.

Ashton still hadn't talked to Seth about the fact that he had left Ashton alone for three years to think he was dead. Ashton still held a grudge against him, and Seth knew not to push Ashton into anything until he was willing to do so himself.

"Well, that's fucked up," Ashton mumbled and Michael nodded his head, "Where did you see her?"

"Outside County Clerk, she's a lawyer" Michael mumbled and Ashton furrowed his eyebrows.

"What the fuck were you doing by County Clerk?"

"I had been at Wall Street to meet with Southwark, I just happened to drive by at the right time and I saw her"