twenty

same day and same hours as the last chapter was played out
-

Luke huffed when his third call to Ashton didn't go through. He was left alone in the middle of the hallway as every other student was at lunch.

Luke had hoped that Ashton would have lunch with him since they had talked about it this morning, but it seemed like Ashton was busy.

Luke wouldn't have cared as much if Calum was here to keep him company, but his friend wasn't here either, and that make Luke completely lonely.

He was so sad because just when he and Calum were good, the raven-haired boy had grown all weird towards him. And now after Ashton had told him he loved him, he had become distant and Luke was just worried that he would lose both of them.

Luke sighed and slowly started walking down to the lunch room to eat alone. He hated to be alone in this large school, he felt so small and vulnerable. He wished Ashton was here to keep him safe.

"Luke?" someone spoke, making Luke lift his head and look back at Michael who was walking over to him with furrowed eyebrows.

"Oh, hi" Luke said and smiled small at the green-haired boy as he walked up to his side.

"What's with the sad face?" Michael asked and chuckled softly when watching the blonde blush slightly.

"It's nothing," Luke mumbled and shook his head slightly, "It's just that neither Calum or Ashton are here and none of them are answering my calls so I'm kind of left alone"

"Oh well, I'm here," Michael said and shrugged before placing his hands in his pockets and slowly walked beside Luke, "I know I'm probably not what you'd prefer, but I thought that I should get to know you better now when you're basically Ashton's little handbag that he brings almost everywhere"

"Yeah well, he didn't bring me to wherever he is now" Luke sighed as he fiddled with his fingers.

"You know how he is, and you probably know what we do, so you understand why he keeps all this shit away from you, right?" Michael asked and Luke nodded his head as he licked his lips.

"If it makes you feel any better, I don't even know what he's doing either. I think he tells you more stuff than he tells me, so if he keeps something from you, he's keeping it from me as well"

"Really?" Luke asked quietly and stopped to look at Michael with big blue eyes. Michael nodded his head.

"Yeah, I mean, he's fucking infatuated by you. I've never seen him like this"

Luke blushed and smiled small, "Is that a good or a bad thing?" he asked softly.

"Good, I'd say," Michael spoke and smiled at Luke, "As long as the boy feels something, I'm happy. I've watched him be emotionless for years, so I'm full on positive about this"

Luke smiled up at the green-haired boy with the adorable same blush stuck on his cheeks. "How come you're so completely different to Ashton when you've grown up together?" Luke asked.

Michael shrugged. "I haven't really seen and experienced as much shit as Ashton has. I really don't judge him for shutting everyone off after that"

"What happened?" Luke asked and frowned.

"I'll let your boyfriend tell you the story, that's only fair" Michael said and gave Luke an assuring smile before glancing over to the lunch room, "Fuck the school lunch, I'm gonna drive out and eat something, you wanna come with?"

"Will we have time to get back to next class though?" Luke asked and blinked innocently.

"Oh yeah, I forgot," Michael spoke and chuckled slightly, "You actually care about school"