fifty one

"Alright, listen to me carefully now," Ty spoke up after all the boys had driven in to an empty parking house to change their escape car. Ashton was thrown into this in surprise and no knowledge of what was going to happen, so he just let everyone pull him to the right direction.

The previously used weapons were left behind in the other car, along with the gadgets they had used just before. Ashton had quickly been handed his gun along with a change of clothes, which he had taken without any questions. His hand was now gripping the gun securely as he looked out the window, watching them drive away from the city in a dangerous speed.

"We have exactly 12 minutes to make this work. Do exactly as we planned it. Noah is waiting for us with the plane and everything. Our bags are packed, everything is done, the only thing we have to do is get on board" Ty continued before looking over at Ashton, "Michael, take care of Ashton. He'll be the first one to board"

"Yeah" Michael mumbled and glanced at Ashton, repeatedly tapping his foot against the floor of the car, making his leg bounce up and down. In a normal situation Ashton would have snapped at him for doing that, but right now Ashton was too into his own mind to realize what was going on around him.

"Hey," Ty spoke loud enough to snap Ashton out of it and gain his attention, "Do you understand what I'm saying?"

"Where are we going?" Ashton asked instead, ignoring his uncle's question.

"Have you listened to anything I've said?" Ty asked, giving Ashton an impatient look but sighed as Ashton didn't budge one bit. "We're getting the fuck out of here for a while. If we don't all want to end up like you did for a month, we need to disappear from the map. Not only have you managed to piss off every fucking gang in the city, but now we've killed enough cops to get all our throats cut off. We're getting out of the country, get some time off. God knows who needs it the most" Ty mumbled and ran a hand through his hair.

Ashton didn't answer to the obvious truth that had been spoken, he only nodded his head and glanced back out the window. "I don't know, I kind of found peace in that hellhole"

"Well, now you're gonna find peace somewhere else" Ty spoke, not tolerating an argument about something so stupid. Ashton didn't comment on it and kept looking out of the window, still feeling Michael eyes on him though.

"What?" he mumbled finally, trying to keep this conversation only between Michael and him. Ty was still speaking rapidly with the other ones, but Ashton just couldn't bother to take it all in. Just minutes ago he was handcuffed and sentenced a life in prison. Now he was back at square one once again.

It was just like it had been years before; a gun in his hand, an empty heart, an emotionless stare, Michael by his side, and Luke not even close to be in his presence.

"Isn't this what you wanted?" Michael asked, his voice just as quiet as Ashton's had been.

"I don't know. Probably" Ashton answered with a shrug, causing Michael to sigh. "Not to be a mood killer or anything-"

"You? A mood killer? Never" Michael spoke, making Ashton give him a look before continuing his previous statement.

"Whatever. It was just nice to have some time alone"

"I know that's a lie. Even though you didn't speak to me while you were there, I know you were lonely. I can read you like an open book, Ash, don't try to think anything else. You were happy to see me like 10 minutes ago, what happened to that?"

"I guess I just remembered that life out here is the same as life in there" Ashton answered, causing Michael to fall silent, much to Ashton's satisfaction.