twenty four

found out that this book is in the lead in the bromance awards and i'm so shocked and so happy and, god, you guys are so amazing.

it's all thanks to you guys and you make it more fun to write so as a thank you for all of this, i'm doing a double update. I'm posting the next chapter in a few! ily
-

Luke sat in silence in the horrible hospital room and held Ashton's unconscious hand in his. It had been a day, a whole 24 hours of Ashton being in a coma, and nothing has happened.

By doctors words, Ashton was still unstable and needed to be checked up all the time, creating disturbance during the time Luke and all the other guys had with Ashton.

Right now Luke was alone. He had been driven to the hospital by Jack early in the morning to get the whole day with both Ashton and Calum. He had thought about going to see Seth as well, but he didn't know if he was ready just yet.

Seth had woken up though and was healthy. And if you didn't count the wounded arm and back, he was doing fine.

He had been arguing with the hospital workers about going to see his brother, but they hadn't let him since he still had to be extremely careful with his back until the they could take away the stitches.

Ashton wasn't doing great at all, and Seth knew that. Ashton had still all kinds of life support around him with all kinds of machines and tubes. There were still beeping sounds around him and Luke hated it all.

He hated how Ashton was stuck to that awfully uncomfortable bed. He hated how he hadn't seen the color of Ashton's eyes for so long. He hated how he hadn't felt Ashton's gentle touches against his skin. He hated how he hadn't heard Ashton talk. He hated how Ashton hadn't called him 'his angel' for days.

But most of all; Luke hated how unsafe he felt without Ashton being there to protect him.

Luke was scared, and he felt so alone. Luke just hated it all.

"I'm sorry for leaving you yesterday," Luke spoke and tightened his warm grip around Ashton's hand, "I had to go though. The visitor hours were over and my family forced me to go home and sleep"

Luke moved around in his seat a bit before carefully standing up to sit down on the edge of Ashton's bed.

"It's so tough now because I don't have you to hold me when I fall asleep and I'm scared because your whole group is so broken right now. I don't think anyone feels safe anymore.

"I have Jack though. He's nice now and it seems like he's come around about the thought of you and I. At least he acts like it, and that's a relief for me because I think dad has figured things out and he doesn't look very happy.

"I've avoided him and mom as much as possible, but they know what is going on and I'm scared what they will say. I'm scared that they will yell at me like Jack did when he first found out. I just need someone - you - to be with me and tell them that you are here and you make me feel good and loved. You keep me safe.

"But, I mean, Michael is nice to me, even Ty is, but they are too caught up with you and the other guys, and I don't want to put more pressure on them by saying that I need someone as well" Luke spoke and licked his lips before bringing Ashton's hand up and kissed the skin softly.

"But I have you, and I know I'll always have you to take care of me. I know you'll wake up soon and that you'll keep me close and keep me safe. I just know you will" Luke whispered before sighing and sat down on the chair again.