twenty six

this may be a twisted and confusing chapter, but you'll understand as it goes on.

and oh, thanks for 100k reads!!
-

Silence. Complete absence of sound.

Light. The natural agent that stimulates sight and makes things visible.

Comfort. A state of physical ease and freedom from pain or constraint.

Emptiness. The state of containing nothing.

That was all Ashton felt. It was all Ashton was, it was who he became all of a sudden. He felt good and he felt relaxed.

He breathed heavily in and out of his nose before furrowing his eyebrows slightly when feeling a quick pressure against his chest.

Ashton slowly opened his eyes but closed them immediately when the light around him shone so brightly it hurt his eyes. He threw an arm over his eyes to shield them as he sat up, surprised to feel so light in his body.

With slightly shaky legs, he stood up and squinted his eyes, looking around the painfully bright place before his eyes locked on one single door standing in the middle of nothing.

The darkly painted door was a complete contrast the the white surroundings, making Ashton furrow his eyebrows before making his way over to it. As soon as he took a step and his foot met the ground, a loud boom was heard, echoing for miles and miles.

He sped up his pace and walked over to the door, watching the scratches and visible damages on the lonely door that was standing in nothingness. Ashton licked his lips and furrows his eyebrows further as he walked past the door, seeing it wasn't attached to anything.

"What the fuck?" Ashton muttered before reaching for the handle and opened the door. As soon as the door was opened, Ashton stood still and looked through the doorway, lips slightly agape as all he saw was black.

He walked past the door again and still noticed it wasn't attached to anything, but as soon as the door was opened, it invited you into complete darkness.

Without thinking it through, Ashton walked through the door and into the darkness. A loud noise startled him from behind, making him turn his head and look at the closed door.

He walked over and pulled the handle down, but it was locked.

"Fuck" he cursed and tugged at the door, but it didn't budge.

"I can't do this John!" a voice echoed and soon the darkness around Ashton was lit up, making him see his surrounding.

The voice that had spoken made Ashton turn around, and as soon as he saw the woman in honey-blond hair and big blue eyes, his face dropped.

"Mom" Ashton breathed out as his face was numb in shock.

"I can't let you do this anymore! We have two sons, and I will not let them get hurt because of you"

"Anne, please," a male voice was heard before the spoken man entered the room, "You make it sound like I don't care. You know I care about our sons, they are my world"

"Dad?" Ashton whispered again and glance between those familiar faces at the other side of the room.

"Then please, I beg you to stop this. Dami will understand. He loves our boys, and he will understand that you want to keep your family safe" Anne spoke and looked at her husband with pleading eyes.

John sighed as he walked over and placed his hands on his wife's cheeks gently.

"Ashton is only three years old, John" Anne whispered.