fourteen

Luke was curled up in Ashton's arms as they were lying on Ashton's bed in silence. It was Thursday night and Ashton had driven Luke with him home because the blonde didn't want to go his own place since he was home alone until late.

Luke ran his hand up and down Ashton's clothed chest while watching the older boy breath in and out. Ashton's hand was in Luke's soft blond hair as he stared up to the ceiling, enjoying the way everything was so calm.

"Your heart beats so slow" Luke whispered as he placed his small hand right over Ashton's heart.

"I'm relaxed" Ashton spoke and shrugged lightly.

Luke smiled and nodded before moving up a bit and placed his pink lips on Ashton's t-shirt, kissing the spot over Ashton's heart.

"Can I sleep here tonight?" Luke whispered and looked up at Ashton. The older boy bit the inside of his lip before pulling Luke up so the smaller boy was lying on his chest, their faces only inches away from each other.

"What are you going to tell your parents?" Ashton asked and moved his hands up and down Luke's back before sliding them up under Luke's shirt, feeling the younger boy's soft skin under the palms of his hands.

Luke shivered slightly at the touch and smiled happily down at the older boy. "I can tell them I'm sleeping at Calum's"

"Who's that?" Ashton asked and tightened his grip around Luke.

The blonde furrowed his eyebrows. "Calum?" he asked and Ashton nodded his head, "My friend. The dark haired boy in my year?"

Ashton furrowed his eyebrows as he tried to get a face to the name. Soon he remembered the small tanned boy who desperately tried to pull Luke away from him.

"Oh yeah," Ashton said and scoffed, "I don't like him"

Luke bit down on his lip and a bit of sadness shone through his pretty blue eyes. "I'm a bit unsure of how I feel about him right now" he said before burying his face down in Ashton's neck.

"What's that supposed to mean? Has he done something to you?" Ashton said and his voice immediately grew more stern.

"No," Luke said and shook his head, "Or, I don't know really"

Ashton frowned and sat up, pulling Luke up with him. The younger boy was straddling Ashton's lap as the older boy looked into Luke's eyes with questioning eyes.

"What don't you really know? If he's done something to you I'll take care of it" Ashton said and his eyes grew dangerously serious.

"No, it's not that," Luke assured him, "It's just, you know the cops that talked to me? Well, they were sent there by someone and every odds shows that it was Calum. I mean, he's the only one who kind of knows about us"

Ashton was quiet for a while before scoffing and shaking his head, looking frustrated at the ridiculousness. "That's pathetic"

"I don't know," Luke whispered and licked his lips, "Maybe he was just trying to make sure I was safe"

"And you are safe with me," Ashton said and laid Luke down on the mattress to crawl on top and hover over him, "Why are you even trying to defend him?"

Luke sighed. "Because he's my best friend"

"Best friend, really? He sounds like a little-"

"Don't say anything please," Luke said and looked up at Ashton with pleading eyes, "I just miss having a friend here, I haven't talked to him since the day of the cops"

"So? Don't seem like a loss to me" Ashton spoke and Luke rolled his eyes, earning a pointed look from the older boy.

Luke bit his lip and studied Ashton's face before smiling fondly. Just the sight of the older boy made Luke calm down.