Chapter 9

After we left, George and I flew home. It was a very short ride, and I never knew how close the Burrow had been for so long...we could've walked! We discussed a few things on our ride.

"That went quite well I think," George spoke firstly and thoughtfully. I can't say I don't agree; Molly and Arthur Weasley had been very kind, and one of my soon-to-be brother-in-law's had come home for a short visit. His name was Charlie.

"Yes," I say, staring into darkness, "I think they liked me..."

"I KNOW they abolutely LOVED you," he says, smiling brighter than ever. George had been smiling more and more often nowadays, I noticed. I just HAD to ask why; I had been pondering on this for ages, and it possibly couldn't be me...

"George," I look at him, "may I ask you something?"

"You, my dear," he grins, "just did! You can't supposedly have two questions, can you?"

I giggle a bit before going on with my question, "yes, I can have two questions. Why have you been smiling so much more now adays?"

He thinks for a few seconds before saying, "I thought you'd have that figured out by now...I've been so happy because I've realized that I'll be spending the rest of my life with the girl I've loved then and always will."

Really? He has to be joking! Why would anyone like a girl with ratty brown hair and pudgy hazel eyes? AND what's more dressed like they lived in a rat's nest?! It just wasn't logical!!! But before I could say anything, we were home He had offered to let hhim buy me a new pair of pyjamas. I, naturally, resist.

"You've already done enough for me, George," I say earnestly, "REALLY! And besides, I need to pack all my things, you know that!" 

"Erm..." he thinks for a second, "can I help you pack?"

"Fine," I tell him, "but you can't go through my closet!"

"That was the part I was hoping to go through first! PLEASE?!" He grins madly at me and I attacked him. THEN he gave in. We race inside, the steps creaking with every land and thud. I realize that I had forgotten to put a charm on the locks so that no one could use Alohamora to break in. Whatever, George had moved the presents from a while ago, apparently. We go inside and George bolts for the second floor. I follow him to only to find him rummaging through my... closet! 

"George!" I run towards him and push him onto my bed, but not hard, careful to not break it, "What in Magic's name were you doing?!"

He grins madly at me before replying, "Packing your clothes, of course!"

"I'm so sure I told you a few moments ago NOT to go through my closet!" I say, trying with all my strength not to laugh, so that he would take me seriously.

"Oh, I seem to have forgotten," but that was a big mistake, and I mean BIG! I grab the nearest pillow and start hitting him with it. 

"OW! OW!" he howls, "OW!! Stop!! PLEASE!"

I stop and tell him to go and find a place to throw out the table. He disapparates and I hear him rummaging around downstairs, wondering what on earth he's doing now. I take out all my undergarments, and call him up.

"GEORGE!!!" I yell before hearing a loud crack, becoming so startled that I actually fall back. He chuckles while saying, "You called?"

"Yeah," I get up and check to make sure the bed wasn't broken, "I've decided you can do my clothes, if you want."

"Brilliant!" he walks off toward my closet and goes straight to the bottom drawer, to find but one thing. A note that says You're Welcome George! <3 ~Cindy Fortescue.

"Georgie," I coon in my sweetest voice, "Why are you looking in an empty drawer? I've only ever put my paper in there. It seems I must've forgotten one."

The reaction he makes is the one I expected. He approvingly says to me, "You're brilliant! We should work on making up some products together!"

I laugh before disapparating downstairs, and I pick up my duster. As I turn around I run into, who else but, George.

"It seems you forgot something..." his voice trails off. He's holding something behind his back Cindy, I think to myself, Think. What could he possibly be smiling about? I realize after a moment or two that he had found a sock. What could possibly so funny about a sock? That's what I thought, until I saw part of a strap hanging out of it...a bright orange one! How could I have been so stupid?! 

"I see you're a fan of the Weasley products," he said, pulling out a bright orange bra with the Weasley Wizard Wheezes logo on it. I felt my cheeks burn and realized that I had bought that just two months ago, when Ron had been sick, and George was in the testing lab. 

"Don't worry, I won't tell..." he whispers as his shoulder brushes against mine. You'll see one day, George Weasley, I think, One day, you'll be just as embarassed! And  maybe in front of a whole group? I snicker and George stares at me before demands, "What are you laughing at? Tell me!"

Thinking of an excuse, "Your bridge is open!" even though it wasn't. How clever of me, don't you agree? 

"No, it's not!" he says at me after having turned around and checked. I pass him and I say, "Made you look," and go to the second floor.

"Accio cardboard boxes," I say, at least 50 brown boxes appear in front of me, "Accio books, Accio pencils, Accio pens, Accio sheets and pilllows!"

As I watch books, pens and pencils fly into 10 boxes, and sheets and pillow neatly fold themselves and move into a box, George creaks as he walks up. 

"BOO!" he screams in my ear, "did I scare you?"

"No," I massage my ear as I reply, "you gave me an awful big headache though..."

He gives me a big hug and kisses my ear, "Is that better?"

I nod and smile, and go on packing. After a few minutes, I tire out. I've never used so much magic after so many years!

"Need a hand?" George says, landing next to me on a rickety couch.

"Please?" I gasp, out of air. He disapparates for a few minutes, then disapparates again.

"All that needs to be done," he says as he reviews a mental list, "is move out the furniture, and bring the boxes to my basement."

"That's easy," I murmur, "if you can go open the doors leading to it, I can fly the boxes out. As for the furniture...might as well throw it out. No one is going to buy this garbage."

"Alrighty!" he gets up, rubbing his hands together, "I'll be right back!" 

He dissapears with a loud crack, and I apparate to the upstairs floor to see everything had been packed.

"Wingardium Leviosa," I give a twirl and flick of my wand, and the boxes start to float up. I point my wand at the boxes, and then I walk down the stairs, our the door, across the yards, and to George's house. I see that the door had been already opened.

"This way, Mistress," Venue comes out and leads me to the most beautiful basement in the history of basements. I set the boxes in a space that says Place Boxes Here, in George's best cursive writing. I disapparate upstairs, and flop down on the bed George and I had shared last night. 

"Hello, darling," George appears in the doorway, dressed in Holyhead Harpies pyjamas, "Ginny gave them to me for my birthday. As for you..."