Chapter 2

We sat there, looking at each other for the longest time. Then I broke the silence.
"So, what do you want to do?" I heard thunder and lightning
"I used to do this all the time." Sky walked on the back porch.
"Used to do what?"
"Watch thunderstorms, it's relaxing." I saw the lightning crackle across the sky.
"Wow."
"Yeah, I want to do something, don't freak out." She climbed up the tree, until she found an open view.
"I'm coming too." I climbed next to her. We leaned against the tree.
"Andy would kill me if he saw me in a tree during a thunderstorm." Sky laughed, I love her laugh.
"Oh, speaking of Andy, we have a concert in a week. Do you want to come, or stay with Brendon?" she looked at me then punched me in the arm.
"Of course I'm going to come. I'm your girlfriend."
"I know. And I know that you are not her, but Meghan never wanted to come to our concerts. She would always stay here." I didn't finish the story, I didn't know if she wanted to hear the rest of it.
"Why?"
"Because she was cheating on me. Once she became pregnant with Bronx, I saw her less and less. One night, I came back from a concert gig and she was making out with another man. I was so furious that I kicked her out." a small tear rolled down my cheek, luckily she didn't see it because of the rain.
"Pete, I love you." She put her head on my shoulder.
"I love you too, baby." I kissed her head.

We sat in the tree for a while, then Sky started falling asleep. I woke her up so we could get out of the tree. We dried off and changed. I laid in my bed and got comfortable waiting for her. She sat on the bed next to me."Pete, can I ask you something?""What's up, babe?" closer to me."Seriously, why did you guys adopt me? I have been trying to figure it out. I'm not the best person in the world, why is it that anyone would care about me?!" tears streamed down her cheeks as the words spilled out. I pulled her to me and held her tight."The reason why we adopted you was because there was something about you that attracted all of us to you, you have the spark in you that lights up the room. You needed love and we wanted to give it to you. And now we care about you, Sky. Don't ever forget that." I kissed her head and played with her hair."I won't forget it." she sobbed to me."Shh, it's ok. Don't cry." she put her arms around my neck."I love you, Pete.""I really love you, we all do, Sky. I mean it." I held her face."I know. I love all of you guys too." She kissed my nose.