Chapter 26

I woke up to Pete sitting on the edge of the bed, he was mumbling something.
"Pete, is there something wrong?" I wrapped my arms around him.
"No. Just some people don't listen to me." he seethed and took a deep breath.
"Can I ask who?"
"Megean won't listen to me. She is being- ugh!" he put his head in his hands. I rubbed his back and kissed his cheek. He looked up at me and sighed.
"I love you, baby."
"I love you too." I fell back in bed. He laid next to me. We stayed like that in silence, until Joe walked in.
"Sky, Joey is here. He is in tears and is begging for you to talk to him." I got up and ran to the living room.
"Joey, what's wrong?" I looked at my red eyed friend.
"M- my parents, th- they." he sobbed.
"Calm down and tell me what happened." I said.
"My step-dad cheated on my mom, he beat me up, telling me not to tell her. My mom is now stressed out by everything with my grandfather's funeral. I just can't take it anymore!" he looked at me, a shield of tears was blinding his eyes.
"Come here." I said. He hugged me.
"I'm sorry, you were the first person I could go to, Leon and David's parents would tell mine."
"I understand, just shh." I said. He finally stopped crying, but he was still sniffling. Pete came downstairs, his eyebrows furrowed.
"His step-dad is being a butt head."
"If you need to, you can stay with us or Gerard and Max." Patrick offered.
"Thanks, Pat." Joey gave him a sad smile.
"It's going to be alright." I said. He nodded and sat on the floor. Pete sat next to me on the floor. I leaned on him and sighed.
"Everything is going to work out," he said to us.
"Why do you say that?" I asked.
"Say what?" he looked at me.
"What do you say that everything is going to work out, when you don't even know if it will or not." I sighed.
"I don't know, baby girl." Pete rubbed my back.
"I'm going to change." I got up and went to my room, Pete followed me. I changed out of my Joe Boxer shorts and All Time Low tee and put on jeggings and a Sleeping With Sirens muscle tee.
"You look beautiful." Pete put his arm around my waist.
"You look better without a shirt." I patted his bare chest.
"I know." he kissed me. I closed my eyes and wrapped my arms around his torso.
"What's the matter?"
"I feel like everything is going to fall apart."
"Why do you think that?"
"I have a feeling. Like how Mitch said that he had a feeling that he would die first." tears built up in my eyes.
"Awe, babe." he slipped his hands under my shirt, touching my bare back.
"I just feel really stressed."
"I know how you feel."