Chapter 7

(Trigger Warning in this chapter)

"Hello?" Pete said as he answered the phone.
"I'm sorry, but I think you've got the wrong number. There isn't a Kate here." I tapped his shoulder.
"What, Sky?"
"Give me the phone." he handed it to me.
"Hello?"
"Hey, is this Kate?" I recognized the voice, just couldn't put my finger on the name.
"Yes."
"Kate, it's Jacob, remember?"
"Jake, it's been so long. Of course I remember you. How did you get my number?"
"Max."
"Why am I not surprised? So what's up?"
"I need you to meet me at our clubhouse at the park." he sounded urgent.
"Can I bring the guys?"
"Sure. But it's important."
"Ok. I'm leaving now. See you soon." I hung up.
"We are going to the park, or at least I am." I walked to the door. Everyone else walked with me to the hide out that Jacob, Max and I made a few years ago.

÷=÷==÷=÷=÷=÷=÷=

"Max?!" I screamed as I ran to his unconscious body.
"I found him here. He told me not to bring you here. But you would have found out sooner or later." I looked at my other best friend. I noticed how his black hair has grown in front of his eyes.
"Jake." I hugged him. He hugged me back and started sniffling.
"Why did he? Why didn't you stop him?" I asked.
"He had a piece of paper in his hand. I was walking and found him here with his hand open. He must've seen me to know I was coming. If I knew this was happening, I would've stopped it. I'm sorry." he explained.
"Can someone explain what happened?" Patrick asked as everyone caught up with us.
"Max.... he... comitted suicide." I said. Pete walked to me and wrapped his arms around me.
"I'm sorry, baby." he whispered. I pulled away from both of them and walked to the tree that we used to climb. I ran my hand over the carving that we made, it said Forever Sky, Max and Jacob, no matter what.
I called Gerard and put the phone to my ear.
"Yello?"
"Gee, it's about Max." I heard him gulp.
"Where are you?"
"At the park. Andy will meet you at the swings."
"Ok." he hung up. I felt arms wrap around me.
"Jacob." I said.
"Sky. I'm sorry. Here, read this." he handed me the note.

Dear Jacob,

Please forget me, I'm useless and not worth remembering.

Don't tell Sky, she would kill me, again, if she found me like this.

You guys were the best and you didn't do anything.

I just had to get away from my bad past, it was coming for me.

I love you 2,

Max

I read it and tears were coming down my cheeks."I'm going to kill him!" I screamed as I landed on my knees."You're thinking that too?" Jake asked."Who?" Pete questioned, comforting me."Max got raped by Danny. I fucking hate him so much." Pete nodded in understanding. Gerard came running to us."Oh my god. Max!" he fell to his knees. Jake and I got down beside him."Gee-""How could I let him go like that?" he sobbed. I hugged him and let him sob. We called the ambulance and I watched as they took Max away. Everything was a blur, I just sat there and watched.